LaunchBox Community Forums

UniBios for NeoGeo games in RetroArch

TheMadMan007

I've been making a little headway on this but still am stumped on some things I want to play NeoGeo games on RetroArch, and use the UniBios to change Region/Arcade to AES and also enable cheats. As it stands right now, I can get it working somewhat. I have RetroArch using the "fba_libretro.dll" core and I can load games, but it is using an older version of UniBios (2.3 to be exact) I have the newest available version of UniBios 3.2 and it's also enabled in the settings of the core as well. If I start up a game, it'll load, load into the UniBios but it is 2.3 and always have Europe/Arcade as the setting. Even if I change these, it gets reset when I close it out and play a new game or even the same game. So what I would like to know is. 1. Is the fba_libretro.dll the core I should be using? (called "Final Burn Alpha - SVN" in RetroArch) Or Should I use another one? 2. How can I get my UniBios to be 3.2 instead of the older 2.3? 3. How can I save my UniBios settings?

I have tinkered around with this some but the latest version of the unibios I could get working is 3.1. What I did was find a 3.1 version which had the uni-bios.rom inside it, I renamed the file to uni-bios_3_1.rom and put that file in my neogeo.zip bios file. When a game launched it will show that it is using the 3.1 bios. I tried the same thing with 3.2 but never got it to recognize, I don't know if it is a problem with my 3.2 bios rom or if Retroarchs FBA core supports it. Edit: Ok just after posting this I tried a quick trick and renamed the 3.2 rom to uni-bios_3_1.rom and put the file into the neogeo.zip file and it loaded up showing unibios 3.2 at the splash screen. Edit #2: I am using fb_alpha_libretro.dll core.