LaunchBox Community Forums

Prioritizing Other Images (Besides Box) In LB/BB.

fromlostdays

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there a way to (for specific games or an entire system) prioritize other art besides the box art? In my specific case I have a bunch of mame adverts that look better than the standard box art and I'd like to set them to show rather than the box art. Another use would be to display cart art instead of box art for an entire system in big box, which in my head would look awesome. I know that I could simply put the alternate art in the carts folder, I was just wondering if I could do it easily on a game by game/sysm basis. Thanks!

K, answered half of the question. Totally just saw the option for "image types" at the top of the LB menu ( and also in the context menu ) haha. But even if you click a game and change the image type, it changes it for every game. Can this setting be different for individual games, or is it only a global setting?

Hi @fromlostdays, the image types are now platform-specific for 6.7. So as you switch between platforms, it should switch you to the last image type used for that platform. Image priorities are also available for each image type in the LaunchBox options, but unfortunately those are not currently platform-specific. There is currently no way to set the image type differently for a single game.

Jason Carr said Hi @fromlostdays, the image types are now platform-specific for 6.7. So as you switch between platforms, it should switch you to the last image type used for that platform. Image priorities are also available for each image type in the LaunchBox options, but unfortunately those are not currently platform-specific. There is currently no way to set the image type differently for a single game.
I guess that goes for choosing which Box Front you want to display too, right? Many of my Genesis games have multiple box fronts. It would be nice to be able to designate which one I want to be used. Right now the only option is to delete the ones I don't want, but I like being able to see them when I view images. Thanks for all your hard work, Jason. I know this request doesn't belong high up on your priority list, but it would be a nice option at some point.

No biggie at all, especially because the functionality exists anyway. And LB does surprisingly good at recognizing the art regardless of the title of the image. It'll recognize No-Intro titled art, mame game-titled art, and even some misspelled art, haha. (I put in a filler box front I downloaded from google for an old PC game which in haste I spelled atrociously). Thanks again for the responsiveness and for all the hard work!