LaunchBox Community Forums

Roms not importing

djcarnage

I've tried searching the forums for a solution to my problem but can't seem to find one... When I try to import any kind of rom (SNES, NES, etc.) using the drag/drop method, I go through the process as outlined by the tutorial, and I get all the way to the screen that shows the files to be imported (where you can rename them). When I click Finish, it doesn't do anything and shows 0/0 games listed... I'm using 5.6 version of LaunchBox, and RetroArch. I'm on Windows 10. I've tried the method of deleting my .xml file, but the same thing happens. I've tried completely uninstalling LB and reinstalling, same thing. The weird thing is, it DID work at one point, but only imported about 1/3 of my roms. I CAN manually add individual roms, but that would take me FOREVER to do for all of them. I've also tried just selecting a few roms instead of my entire folder. Nothing. HELP!!! :)

mikepronin, that should fix it if you don't care about EmuMovies. But if you'd be willing to work with me, I'd appreciate if you could help me figure out the error. Most likely EmuMovies is just choking on a particular game because of a certain character in the title. It's a pain to figure out which one though. Any way you could narrow it down? In the mean time I'll see if I can put out a beta release that shows better errors to help us figure it out.

The 5.7 version is working for me just fine. Everything, so far, seems to be importing correctly! Thank you!!!
Jason Carr said Hi @djcarnage, I discovered this bug and fixed it yesterday in a beta release. EmuMovies is choking on any games that have double quotes in the title. So updating to the beta should fix it. I'm hoping to put out an official release with the fix soon. :)

Hello! I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I've managed to import some NES & PS2 roms but am unable to do it with SNES & SEGA Genesis roms. I've tried: -Make a copy of the .xml file and generated a new one. -Changed the names of the games. -Unzipped the games and tried importing. I'm going to reinstall LaunchBox now and try again, don't know what else to do. What do you guys think? =) EDIT: I reinstalled in and this time I did now activate EmuMovies, and it worked! EmuMovies content can be added later right? When LaunchBox dev guys have figured out how to deal with the double quote issue :)

Jason Carr said Hi @znibro, the double quote issue was fixed with 5.7. However, it could be that a different character is causing the problem. What exactly are you seeing? Is the importer just disappearing?
Yes, you see the import bar just flashing and then it halts. If you want me to troubleshoot more let me know. Removing EmuMovies solved the problem, but it would be nice being able to use that as well :)

Yeah, unfortunately somehow we need to identify what game is causing the issues. Unfortunately it's probably going to be a royal PITA to figure that out. If you can manage to somehow narrow it down to a particular game that causes the problem, though, that would be amazing. Then I could fix the problem fairly easily.

I was able to import my NES Roms, and SNES Roms, but I tried to add my N64 and Sega ROMs but started to fail. I tried the recommendations above and even reinstalled. After reinstalling LaunchBox, I couldn't import anything including the NES roms I did earlier. I reviewed the file names of my ROMs and removed any non-alpha-numeric characters and it still failed to import. I then removed my EmuMovies login from LaunchBox and boom! Import worked again... Something is up with the EmuMovies or EmuMovies is blocking the import (too many requests perhaps?). Looking forward for resolve.

Jason Carr said Yeah, there's a daily limit of 1 GB at EmuMovies if you don't have a paid membership. But does the importer just disappear in that scenario? Obviously that's not ideal if it does.
I am now a lifetime member for both EmuMovies and the awesome LaunchBox. The importer appears as if it is importing ROMs, but then disappears with no warning. Some feedback advising of the fail would have been a nicely added feature. I tried a half dozen times before posting in this forum. Thanks for your assistance.