LaunchBox Community Forums

Have ROMS, games are missing in launchbox

grthriller

Hm, it seems those are the opposite problems, no? It sounds like they are removing duplicates whereas Im trying to display titles I can confirm exist but do not show up in the Launchbox GUI. I found another thread where a guy was having trouble with the emuMovies choking something and he found upgrading to 5.7 fixed that issue. Im on 5.7. Any thoughts?

Ah, no problem! I should have given more info: This is for the Arcade menu for MAME. I tried importing using all the default settings. I have a ROM folder with 10,807 titles but Launchbox only shows 918. My initial thought is Launchbox is being too aggressive with how it prunes titles when it builds the .xml...?

So it is worth noting that it will be named Arcade and not MAME, so if you are trying to import under MAME being the name, it could give you some issues. You're also getting this screen when importing right?: https://i.imgur.com/BhutsHI.png If not, then it is not triggering for Arcade Import. If you are do keep in mind that 1 game might have 2 or 20 files associated with it and you don't need all of them. You'd just need the one for the region you want to play or the latest revision. However, if you want them all (or most) to import select "Import All Clones". I don't know what this will do or how many duplicates you might have though... so... The importer doesn't make it quite clear, but my assumption would be if you prefer N. America games it will use that version for all games that support it, but what if you don't have a game that even has a N. American version? I assume it will take the latest revision to any game if it doesn't have a NA file. Jason will have to clarify that.

Thanks for the reply! - Ya, I got that window and left it at defaults. I'm tempted to import everything to see what happens, but it will be a ton of clones and duds etc. If it gets to that point are many people generating their own .xml files outside of Launchbox do you know?

No, generating XML files yourself may not even work as intended or break some things. It is easy to do simple things like change the path to roms or to change the name of a system like "PS1" to " Sony Playstation", but generating it completely outside of LB might not work as well as people might think.

I am not getting that screen that you posted "How would you like to import your Mame games" when I am trying to import my mame games. I read in another thread that you had to click beta mode in options which I have done and still not getting that screen option. Do I have to have my mame roms folder named something particular to get that screen to pull up? Thanks.

kmoney2315 said Ah...that was the problem as I did not choose MAME as the emulator because I chose rocketlauncher since I run all my games through it. So I did the force MAME metadata and it worked...thanks!
I had the same problem. I'm converting my Hyperspin + RocketLauncher setup to LaunchBox but I'm still using RocketLauncher to decompress the 7z and launch the emulators.