LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox not adding platforms / roms

darrenj1982

Hi guys For the past 5 days I have been setting up various systems within Launchbox and find it fabulous and everything has been going smoothly. Today however I have tried to add master system collection , game gear collection , Nes Collection and it wont add any of them. I am doing everything as normal , all file names are perfect but it simply adds nothing after scanning the folders. The master system and game gear collection it doesnt even attempt , the bar flashes along and nothing adds. I tried deleting the XML and starting on a fresh but that didnt work either so I am absolutely boggled as too what is wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Darren

Hi Darren, we've discovered a bug recently with the EmuMovies part of the importer. Every once in a while it seems to get stuck on particular games and give up. Try updating to the latest beta to see if it helps. Otherwise, for now you can uncheck all the EmuMovies options and it should work fine. We're working on getting it fixed.

Hi Jason yeah I worked out it was emu movies before i see your reply after disabling it. Thanks. Ran into another problem now. Launchbox is trying to launch the game gear games via fusion in full screen which breaks fusion. How can I stop launchbox doing this. Fusion is not set by default to go fullscreen so it's not fusion itself that is doing it. Thanks

if you were to change the resolution in Fusion you can probably find a full screen setting that doesn't crash the emulator when going full screen if you have an issue with it not scaling correctly at higher resolutions go into the properties for the fusion.exe and disable display scaling I run all of my Fusion systems full screen without any issues but only after learning about the display scaling fix. I use 1920x1080 on a few computers and it displays fine with no black bars or anything.

DOS76 said if you were to change the resolution in Fusion you can probably find a full screen setting that doesn't crash the emulator when going full screen if you have an issue with it not scaling correctly at higher resolutions go into the properties for the fusion.exe and disable display scaling I run all of my Fusion systems full screen without any issues but only after learning about the display scaling fix. I use 1920x1080 on a few computers and it displays fine with no black bars or anything.
Hi Dos. I have tried what you said I am down as low as 1280*720 which is what I want but that doesn't work either. I disabled scaling also but didnt change what was happening. It has always boggled me and by the looks of it i'll have to continue being boggled.