LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Mode - 360 Controller Question

jrusso4587

Hi Jason/Brad, First off, let me commend you both on a fantastic product / tutorial series. I have been working on my collection for a few weeks now and have loved every minute of it. The satisfaction I get from figuring things out and getting games that were once unplayable to now work and in a presentation that looks great is worth all the hours I've put into it, so thank you. Now onto my first question and this may be a noob one, but I am truly stuck. When I am in Big Box mode, any time I hit the B button on my Gamestop wired 360 controller, I exit the entire program. I cannot even reset it in the options to something else without that happening. Now it dose not happen once I am in a game, but I am so used to backing out of menus with the B button, that I am baffled and need to figure this out. I am sure its something simple, but I've included screenshots of my current setup. What am I doing wrong since every attempt I make to fix this fails the moment I press the B button? Thanks in advance, Joseph 20160213_185940.jpg20160213_185636.jpg

Hmm, that is really odd. I wonder if maybe there's another application on your system that is sending a key combination when that button is pressed? I assume the B button is not Button 10 per the screenshots. You can try disabling the controller AutoHotkey features, just in case that is the cause, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

Is this a real Xbox 360 pad or the Gamestop 3rd party 360 pad? Controllers assign numbers to each button, so if you use another controller but the system thinks you're using a 360 pad (assuming that it even works) you press a button and it does something other than what you expected. It assumes X number for Y button for the 360 pad and that is changed for the 3rd party controller.

This sounds like what was happening to me in the XBox Windows 10 app. Whenever I tried to use the live streaming the controller was doing the XBox app controls and the game controls at the same time in the app B escapes from the game bar menu once I updated my app to the latest version the problem went away. I don't know if the OP is using Windows 10 or if the controller would interact with it in anyway but if he is he may want to make sure that it is updated.