LaunchBox Community Forums

Using Roms on External HDD & Can't Find C:/ in XML to Change for Ext.HDD

Acidstorm-_-_

Yea removing a platform doesn't remove the games on purpose. Also, if you want to import duplicates (which is fine), check the import duplicates option. I also suggest users to not bulk rename anything in ( ). It is better to have the E, U and J identifiers. If I recall there is a ticket in our BitBucket (if there isn't I might create it, but I could of sworn I seen it before) that the importer will see (USA) or (Japan) or (E) or (J) etc, and identify the games accordingly. One of the main reasons this hasn't been implemented already is because it will bog down the importer with more and more logic. However, if enough users want it then it will seriously get considered.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thanx! Yeah setting up Launchbox isn't that easy i looked in the youtube videos :-D importing now.... everything looks fine, CPS1 CPS22 Vectrex Neo Geo Atari Jaguar (but not 1 cover this time!?) Now on PC Engine, needs some more time... What whould be nice is a Core List to Enter the .dll at the Platforms....some cores need to be entered manualy and the Libreto/Retroarch Wiki is not comfortable to read Greetings

SentaiBrad said Yea removing a platform doesn't remove the games on purpose. Also, if you want to import duplicates (which is fine), check the import duplicates option. I also suggest users to not bulk rename anything in ( ). It is better to have the E, U and J identifiers. If I recall there is a ticket in our BitBucket (if there isn't I might create it, but I could of sworn I seen it before) that the importer will see (USA) or (Japan) or (E) or (J) etc, and identify the games accordingly. One of the main reasons this hasn't been implemented already is because it will bog down the importer with more and more logic. However, if enough users want it then it will seriously get considered.
thought that...removing year and region could affect the importer search for metadata.

There usually isn't a year in rom titles, and even if there was everything inside ( ) or [ ] gets ignored. Nothing in there is used to identify games. It uses the game name and console name. LaunchBox is actually really easy compared to a lot of other solutions, but we still offer the tutorials for a reason. Also, you need to load RetroArch anyways to download cores, and when you do you'll see a list of cores for the platforms they offer. Go in to your cores folder and just copy paste the cores name in to the Associated Platforms tab if you need to. -L "cores\.dll" The reason there is no list is because the nature of RetroArch doesn't allow us to do that. Not only do you need to download the cores you want to use, there are multiples for some systems. They'll get removed, added on, but primarily because they need to updated through RetroArch means it is harder for us to provide a plug and play list. We get that some cores we choose as defaults some users don't like, we know that our tastes have changed since that default list was created, and we know that cores have been added to RetroArch, so the default list of cores in RA will get updated soon.

• 3 weeks later...
will i ever come to play.... last week got this problem when i installed kodi and did come into Suspend mode accidently....no boot up for days untill i found out to remove the bios battery... then got back from holiday and was excited today found out after the update all the Covers now been Downloaded over night after the gamesDB not functioning. then need to config some cores i have'nt set in the list while importing and just chose WinUAE, set default core for every plattform in RETROARCH and added command lines for missing Cores. same for Amiga WinUAE...working fine with Amiga Games!!! BUT! now all other platforms do open with WinUAE only Dreamcast games which i added today and set the emu to NullDC on Import do Launch correct! i deleted all the non amiga plattforms in WinUAE but no luck...then i deleted the WinUAE emu completley from launchbox, no luck, even after adding it back now the Amiga games also dont work, it says: emulator no longer exists, edit the game?....that's 20 000 games to edit??? wonder why does this Launchbox are so crackling...do i have to reinstall it again? Can't believe it!

No, this is a very simple problem. No need to reinstall. Chances are the name of the System that you use doesn't match the name in the Associated Platforms list. Also make sure that the command line line arguments are correct (-L "cores\.dll") and that you have all the cores downloaded in RetroArch. Watch our YouTube series of Tutorials if you need some more help with this. That link is in my signature.