LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME is confusing another Launchbox noob

Djungelurban

So this is probably something super simple and obvious that I'm overlooking, but I just can't get games to properly launch in MAME. Scanning them in is no problem, but every time I try to launch a game MAME launch, it says "Loading Game 0%" and then it just exits out. The same thing happens regardless of if I launch MAME directly or through RetroArch. And the weird thing, if I launch the same game in my previous frontend QuickPlay it works like a charm, so doesn't seem to be anything wrong with MAME or the ROMs files. It's gotta be a setting somewhere, but it feels like I've flipped every switch I can find. Or maybe I'm just stupid, that's always an option...

Well, it works from QuickPlay which is the thing I use most of the time, and also in MAMEUI which I sometimes use for testing purposes... But I just tried to launch a game through the command prompt with MAME and that didn't seem to work at all, "everything" was missing according to MAME. So maybe there's something in the MAME folder I need to adjust? Cause I've never touched that really, since it worked before without touching that stuff... Some kind of ini file I need to reconfigure?

did you move your files into LaunchBox or did you leave them where you originally had them? Also if MAMEUI is working use that as the emulator instead of just MAME. Go into tools, Manage emulators then choose MAME and click on edit change the path to MAMEUI and then go to the associated platform tab and type in -skip_gameinfo -now