LaunchBox Community Forums

Update Game covers

ptoleary

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now the GamesDB is down so we are basically stuck not being able to get any artwork at the moment unless you have an EmuMovies account and even then the only way to get anything is by using the Import metadata and Images features under Tools in the menu since if you try to do games individually and you try to search for Metadata you will get the GamesDB is down as a response.

I just downloaded 5.8 and then imported 16 DS games choose select none from the EmuMovies form I got 3 covers but in all fairness I don't remember the GDB giving good results when I imported all the games on my other machine either. But still getting the 3 covers proves that if the game has a match for the metadata you will get images in 5.8

There may be errors that we get right now that cab be attributed to the database still building it's self. Jason is still downloading data so if a bunch of errors are still coming in tomorrow then we know something is up, but for now there's no way to know if there is a bug or it is from data still downloading.