LaunchBox Community Forums

How to add Super Famicom (Instead of SNES)

duhmez

I'd like to load my Japanese roms into a separate list from the main SNES list, so ideally one called "Super Famicom" but this is not an option when I import roms. Is this possible I can manually do it somehow? I have only a handful of Japanese roms, lots of translated ones, and it will be easier to find if not in the main huge list. I saw there was Nintendo NES and Nintendo Famicom as 2 options to have, but none for Super Famicom!

Also when adding games just because a platform isn't in the list doesn't mean that you can't add it you can name your platform anything you want (unless you are only using a controller with LaunchBox because then you can't type in the custom name) but like Brad said there will be issues with scraping. Truthfully though in my experience many of those Japanese games won't produce results anyway even using the proper platform name.

Thansk for tips. I tried bulk adding, and I changed the platform to SUper Famicom but it did not show up as a new platform, they are all still in the Snes list, so I still don't have them in one group. How could I add my own platform to the program before I add them, so they will show up on their own separate list like Dos76 was saying? Sry I am pretty new to the program still.

I don't know what to tell you every time i've bulk edit a platform I've had 100% success rate so if it isn't working for you I would have no clue as to why. If you selected all the games you wanted then right clicked and chose Edit (or just hit Ctrl+E), then selected Platform entered Super Famicom in the value field, confirmed and then completed the rest of the wizard it should make a new platform named Super Famicom LB won't show your games moved until you click another platform or the new platform that should be available on the left.

If you want to do it before you import then go to tools in the menu, then go to manage emulator, go to your SNES emulator select it and click edit. When the Emulator form opens click on the Associated Platform tab and then under where it has the Nintendo Super Nintendo in the next line Enter Nintendo Super Famicom or what ever you want to name. Then when you run the importer you will find it in your drop down list of platforms and it will automatically associate it with your emulator.

I just do it through the emulator because it will add both the platform and have the emulator pre-associated when you do the import. One thing I left out though is that you have to check the checkbox at the end of the line when you are adding the platform or it won't be automatically associated.

If the games are already added though the associated platforms tab means less, if you are using a standalone emulator. Obviously it's way more important during import and for RetroArch or command lines. If you have games added, and they're associated with an emulator already (not RA), then you can try adding the Platform manually then bulk editing.

Yeah I already mentioned that I've had nothing but success bulk editing platform names and the example I gave of using Manage Emulators did state that it was a solution for before importing the games. That was what the OP asked for in his 2nd post.

• 1 year later...