LaunchBox Community Forums

Videos

hawkguy

First and foremost, I'm a long-time Launchbox Premium supporter. I have a forever premium licence from forever ago (I'm guessing they auto-updated to forever licence if we we're here before that point?). Love it. Use it all the time. I just had a quick question about videos and how they work. First off, I believe I need a subscription at emumovies? Once that's done, does Launchbox just auto-update the videos with the new 5.8 update? Do the videos also work in Big Box mode? Any help on the video front would be awesome. Thank you.

To get videos from EmuMovies you do need a license. If you find your own videos you can add them. You will have to update all your platforms using the update Metadata and Images from the tools menu. Yes the videos work in BigBox.

DOS76 said To get videos from EmuMovies you do need a license. If you find your own videos you can add them. You will have to update all your platforms using the update Metadata and Images from the tools menu. Yes the videos work in BigBox.
Thanks, Derek. If I was to do my own movies (I probably won't because I'm lazy), but if I do - would I have to add each video for each game separately? Or by platform?

Yea if you get video from other sources (EmuMovies is just an integrated option, provided you have premium for LB and EM) then in your LaunchBox folder is a Video's folder. In there should be a folder for each platform. Make sure these names match then put your video in that folder. The video also need to be named after the game name in LaunchBox.