LaunchBox Community Forums

Remove ISO from game name

http://file-folder-ren.sourceforge.net/ I use this myself. At the top next to Browse and Ok is a box. Put the Root game path in here. Then below that are some small check boxes. Check "Walk" so that it scans sub folders too. Once you check "Walk" click ok. At the top click the main tab. Click the Search box. Where it says "Text (Blank for all)" type in ".iso". Since you are trying to remove it leave the "Replace with" box empty. If you wanted to replace .iso with something else then you would otherwise type it here. Then click Go at the bottom.

Thanks. I was hoping to find a way to do it in LaunchBox and leave the ROMs as they are. Since it drops the first extension, it would be nice for an option to drop the second too. I'm using these ROMs for Hyperspin too and don't want to get into renaming them, although it would probably just be a little change in Hyperspin.

Official HyperSpin xmls don't include any file extensions. If you created your own xmls based on your rom path, they'll include the extensions but if you're using the official hyperspin stuff, you shouldn't have any problem. Don't quote me though, I'd manually rename one and test. The HS artwork shouldn't be affected either.