LaunchBox Community Forums

Atari 7800 with mame

marcoooo

hello all just trying to get atari 7800 going now i found a way to get the rom's started but it means i need to add a comment line for every rom and i am wondering if there is a easyer way and if this is the only way how to back it up when i am done so that next time i dont have to do it again atari-7800-mame-.jpg

Just set it up like any other Retroarch emulator core in Launchbox, though you may have to edit the emulation windows core for the 7800. I think it defaults to Mess, just edit it so it's using the ProSystem core. Set the emulator to Retroarch and in the Associated Platforms window set Atari 7800 to -L "cores\prosystem_libretro.dll". Make sure you get the ProSystem core first though obviously.

retroarch it is and up and running atleast for the 3 games launchbox find while importing Wink how are the games called before the extension ? mine like this Ms. Pac-Man (USA) Ninja Golf (USA) One-on-One Basketball (USA) Pete Rose Baseball (USA) Planet Smashers (USA) Pole Position II (USA) Rampage (USA) Rampage RealSports Baseball (USA) Robotron - 2084 (USA) Scrapyard Dog (USA) Sentinel (Europe) Summer Games (USA) Super Huey UH-1X (USA)

Yeah you should be getting results really no matter what your files are named or their extension you may not get metadata results after scraping if named incorrectly but you should still see results for what ever files are in the folder.

You may not get Metadata based on the name of the system, or we honestly don't have that many entries. The LaunchBox Games Database is going to open soon for users to add all the metadata they want. Thank you Monkus for letting this user know about this stuff. It's also worth noting that the command line parameters can be applied to rom, but if it is a command line that is universal and that needs to be applied to every single rom then the command line parameters line in Associated Platform works well. In RetroArch's case we use the default command line parameters box to load the core. That command line is ran for each rom on launch. You can also use the same box to add the -c command for custom configs afterwards as well. For other systems the command line parameters box may not be populated with anything, but if you have a command that you need or want to use you can certainly edit the line manually to include it.

I just did an import of my 7800 collection into my main gaming PC and the scraper (from what I could tell) grabbed the box art and meta data for 57 of 60 games. The ones it didn't grab correctly were just wrong named roms, Asteroids Deluxe which was just a wrong named Asteroids, Pac-Man Collection which was just Ms Pca-Man and Mario Brothers which should have been named Mario Bros.

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2016 at 12:46 PM, Lordmonkus said:

Just set it up like any other Retroarch emulator core in Launchbox, though you may have to edit the emulation windows core for the 7800. I think it defaults to Mess, just edit it so it's using the ProSystem core. Set the emulator to Retroarch and in the Associated Platforms window set Atari 7800 to -L "cores\prosystem_libretro.dll". Make sure you get the ProSystem core first though obviously.

As per usual, you rock sir. Another system up and running. I'm starting to really like Retroarch.

• Like 1