LaunchBox Community Forums

MUGEN in LaunchBox

angelobodetti

Treat them as different "Roms" or Games or use the default / vanilla one as a game then put the rest as Additional Apps so when you right click the entry they'll be in the right click menu. If you want metadata and stats individually for them though they'll all need to be seperate.

Hi Brad - When I do Import ROM and then select the exe for an instance of MUGEN, it then asks the system where I choose MUGEN, the next screen is the emulator screen. Not sure what to do there because there is no Emulator, it is a standalone .exe file. What I am ultimately trying to accomplish is MUGEN as a platform and each individual instance of it under that platform as different games/roms. I don't want to load 10 different MUGEN setups as individual games. Is this achievable? As always - Thank you

You can put in any emulator as a place holder and then later edit the games and remove the emulator altogether. I've never really thought about it but maybe an optional checkbox to add emulators later would help solve problems for games that don't need emulators but don't fit into the other import categories either.

• 1 month later...
I don't get what you are meaning. Regardless of size you can add as many shortcuts as you'd like. 10 or 123. It's just that we don't have shortcut importing, and if the Windows game Importer doesn't find your exe's properly you can drag and drop all 123 shortcuts, select MS-DOS. Once importerd, you bulk edit out the option for MS-DOS so it launches without it. We do want to expand the drag and drop function and importer function so that there is an option for Shortcuts. If I didn't understand what you meant @rmilyard then please let me know.

SentaiBrad said I don't get what you are meaning. Regardless of size you can add as many shortcuts as you'd like. 10 or 123. It's just that we don't have shortcut importing, and if the Windows game Importer doesn't find your exe's properly you can drag and drop all 123 shortcuts, select MS-DOS. Once importerd, you bulk edit out the option for MS-DOS so it launches without it. We do want to expand the drag and drop function and importer function so that there is an option for Shortcuts. If I didn't understand what you meant @rmilyard then please let me know.
So each of my games are in a Folder with Name and the .exe is within that folder also with game name. So not sure how you mean to import them into LB.

Did you try the Windows Games Importer?X If it doesn't work and If you are using exe's instead, go to your Root Mugen folder and use the Windows Search. Search for ".exe". It will show you all of the exe's, then you can drag and drop them in to LaunchBox. Since this still needs to updated, you'd have select MS-DOS as you can use the Bulk Edit feature to removed the entries from trying to use DOSBox. You may also have to edit their platform to something else, I can't remember if this method would also try and call them DOS games. We know that we need to allow better Drag and Drop support for Windows exe's so there would be no workaround.

SentaiBrad said Did you try the Windows Games Importer?X If it doesn't work and If you are using exe's instead, go to your Root Mugen folder and use the Windows Search. Search for ".exe". It will show you all of the exe's, then you can drag and drop them in to LaunchBox. Since this still needs to updated, you'd have select MS-DOS as you can use the Bulk Edit feature to removed the entries from trying to use DOSBox. You may also have to edit their platform to something else, I can't remember if this method would also try and call them DOS games. We know that we need to allow better Drag and Drop support for Windows exe's so there would be no workaround.
I will try it out later. Right now it is still downloading tons of media.

• 2 years later...

You use PCLauncher as the module and the path is to the folder where your games are. You also need to set up every single game individually within rocket launcher under emulator settings. 

I love rocket launcher and use it for everything, but now that LaunchBox has loading screens, I wouldn’t bother loading MUGEN or other PCLauncher games through RL. Just do them directly from LaunchBox. 

• Like 1