LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame not starting?

JustinM

Ok Im using mamegui64. Ive imported games got all media file. I did copy games into launchbox and also added that rom folder in mamegui. But anything i game i try and play when I click nothing happens. It works fine outside launchbox.... Is there something I should be adding for default command line??? Thanks everyone!

yeah I don't know try changing one game to your original directory and see if that launches if so either use Notepad++ to change the whole directory in the XML or delete all of the games and try again but choose use files in their current location. If it doesn't work I don't know what the issue is. I've never heard of MAMEgui64 (unless you mean UI) but I do know that it should work for MAMEUI64 and MAMEUIFX64 as I've used both of them in LB without any issues in the past.

I learned a long time ago back in the Win 95 / 08 era that the only thing that should ever go on C: drive is windows and basic programs. Everything else should go on to a second hard drive or if you only have one physical drive a second partition is better than putting everything on to C: drive. When, not if but when you do have to format the drive for a Windows reinstall it is a huge time saver. You can easily use a program like EaseUS Partition Master to create partitions without the need to destroy your current C: drive installation and you can even re-merge partitions as well without data loss as long as they are the same file format. So just as an example you have a single 2 terabyte drive labeled as C: and you have 500 megs of total data on it and 1.5 gigs free you can use Partition Master to create a 1.25 gig partition as D: drive. You would now have your 750 meg C: drive and 1.25 gig D: drive. Then say somewhere down the line you wish to expand the 750 meg C: drive to 1 gig as long as you have the free space from the 1.25 gig D: you could take 250 megs off of D: and merge it in to C: making it 1 TB. Great tool for when you do need to use it and it is completely free, I highly recommend it. There are paid versions but for general use the free version will do what the vast majority of people need it to do.