LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch doesn't work with GBC core

JHorbach

Hello! I'm having issues when I try to load GBC games in Launchbox! - All other platforms work well! - Only the GBC games don't work - I try to change the cores to TGB and Gambatte in Retroarch menu, the both don't work... - The name of Platform is sync with retroarch config! - One more thing, the game simply doesn't show, no error msg, when I open the games with Retroarch itself the games work fine! Thank you very much for the help, and sorry for my bad english!

I seriously don't know why it isn't working all your settings are correct, if you see open RA then the rom is linked to the emulator and it is launching outside of LaunchBox so we know that your core and your rom are working. You could try getting the beta builds of LaunchBox by going into tools, clicking on opitons, then selecting updates and checking the beta checkbox but I don't see that as fixing the problem. I'm using the latest beta of LB, RA 1.3.2 with the gambatte core and everything is working fine for. Sorry I can't help I just don't see what else you could advise you to do.

I didn't have any gameboy color games at all so I grabbed a copy of Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening and Pokemon Yellow and tried it out and works perfectly for me using the official 1.3.2 build and gambatte core. I would be willing to bet it's something simple and silly like a wrong path or an extra letter somehow found its way into something some where it shouldn't be. Do you have 2 different installs of Retroarch and your Launchbox settings are pointing at the wrong version by chance ? I know I have found my own screw ups that way :)

@lordmonkus when I first tested this earlier I had that issue myself I downloaded my core in 1.3.2 but my emulator was pointing to my previous build which didn't have the gambatte core downloaded. I figured it out pretty quickly but that could definitely cause issues.

I'm starting to like RA more and more its Handy and Virtual Boy cores are far superior to Handy and VBJiin which I've been using and its PCE core for CD games is so nice after struggling to use TurboEngine (which runs great but has video settings issues). I'm still using MagicEngine for the regular games but RA has won me over on the CD side of things. I'm going to try the NeoGeo Pocket next because NeoPop doesn't render how i like and I'm seeing RA handle handhelds pretty well so far.