LaunchBox Community Forums

Update messed up my PC

flavad99

Hello, I was enjoyed the product until this evening. I updated to the latest version of Launchbox and a version of DirectX was pushed down to my computer. I now get a message that says rundll - there was a problem starting autocraciesoyez.dll. The specified module could not be found. Games that ran at 50-60 fps now run at 10-20 fps. Please assist. I am on Windows 7. I would prefer to keep the machine "static" i.e. not receive any more updates. I have no interest in upgrading to Windows 10 as I have little memory left on this PC. Edit: Did a system restore and it seems to have fixed issue for now, will do some more testing to see if I run into any issues.

Hi @flavad99, sorry to hear about that. That DLL is unrelated to both LaunchBox and DirectX so it doesn't make sense that the LaunchBox setup would cause that particular issue. Oddly I don't get much of anything when I google that DLL name. You can try reinstalling DirectX but it sounds like the issue is likely unrelated. Have you installed or changed anything else recently?

I know this isn't technically a Launchbox problem, but whatever the latest DirectX that was pushed down in concert with the Launchbox update screwed up my video display royally.  For some reason the fix I did last night no longer seems to work.

I no longer have an earlier system restore to return to.  

I guess I will have to keep messing around with the DirectX add in.

I fixed the DLL error and it seems to be running back to normal.  However, I have seen an error that showed up within Launchbox a few times.  It may be due to a system memory issue.  I sent it your way, I think I have resolved it.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

fix isn't working.   keep getting this error.   what does it mean

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at (GamesViewModelBase )
   at BigBox.ViewModels.GamesViewModelBase.OnPageDown()
   at (MainViewModel )
   at BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnPageDown()
   at BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass182_0.<HandleJoystickButtonHeld>b__0()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Not sure why this would be related to Page Down.  Basically this computer sits in my arcade cabinet and I never touch it with the keyboard unless something is wrong.  Everything goes through an arcade joystick.

Is there a tech support number to call you guys at?

In the future, I would advise you to make any kind of Windows updates optional.  I've spent 5+ hours troubleshooting the issue this week which is oddly enough far longer than it took to set this product up.

It would be happening whenever you press whatever button is mapped to "Page Down" in the Big Box options, not the physical Page Down button on your keyboard. Unfortunately we do not provide phone support, but I will look to get this issue fixed ASAP. Hopefully tomorrow for the next beta.

The DirectX install is something that happens pretty much any time you install any modern games on your computer, so it certainly seems like it'd be safe enough. Still, sorry to hear about all the trouble.

I freed up some system memory and that seems to have fixed things.   (Knock on wood) I also stopped a few system processes that I guess had been changed from disabled to enabled w the DirectX install.  Thx for looking into it.  Love the product interface.  My grievance is w Microsoft 

• Like 1