LaunchBox Community Forums

Import dones't find my SNES games

Johnnydement

Is this your first time adding your games? Should they be archived, no not necessarily, but it works just fine with LaunchBox as long as you have the extraction box checked when you edit your emulator in LB. If this isn't your first time adding games, did you add games previously and try and delete the system without deleting the games? Is this your only system you are trying to add?

I importaed succesfully MAME and HBMAME, SNES is the 3rd system I'm triing. I tried your suggestion (mark extraction) without sucess, same result, import screen appears blanc and 0 games are imported :/ This is a vanilla windows, just starting to configure it, never tried before importing SNES. I'm using ZSNES as emu

The emulator won't prevent you from importing your games, though I suggest using RetroArch or bsnes / higan instead, and the Extraction check box is for launching the game so that LaunchBox extracts the game so it can run and play in the Emulator. Neither of these things should prevent you from importing your games. If you are new to all of this I would honestly suggest watching our Tutorials on our channel. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6pTDaHeAz-WMcNURVPU-1xLN_TVpT3FB I haven't done a specific SNES Tutorial yet, but I will be soon. However, they all have stuff that you can learn and apply to any other system. Since this is a clean install I don't think you have a corrupt XML nor do I think the games are residing in LaunchBox without a Platform associated to it, at least all based on the information you've given me. If you want the video's by date so you can watch them in the order I recorded them you can view them by date here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSIht6UXIEXIgz4eXAEShxA/videos The lower you get on the page the older the video's. The series gets a bit more assuming as time goes on.

Thanks for the videos, but as said, I already imported other systems without problems, on this while I did with NES and Megadrive ;) Only platform I'm having issues is snes that I'm getting a blank list... And it bugs me because I have no issue loading them in hyperspin, that's quite more buggy Frown Import process is quite straightforward, I don't get wiy the list appears blank... Edit: BTW they are not 7z, my bad, but zip files ;)

I click on tools>import>rom files Then I pick the rom folder, pick SNES as platform and ZSNES as emu (tried both marking zip/unzip mark) Download info from wiki, emumovies blablabla And then the import screen appears blank, if I click continue, success message of 0 games imported :/ Mame is 7z, HBMAME too, NES and MD are zipped...

Ah, well if you get bored and want to experiment with more stuff I would suggest looking in to RetroArch a bit. Great all-in-one Emulator with lots of systems emulated. I say that cause I notice you said ZSnes. I used that as well but over time I realized how much the other emulators run circles around it.

I am unsure where you read that but ZSnes is actually the least accurate SNES emulator out there using tons and tons of speed hacks, nor has it really been developed for years. When I got back in to Emulation I used Zsnes because it was the emulator I first used in 2000, so I started using that again in 2008/09. Once this stuff started taking over my world I found out a lot of things. Bsnes is considered "the perfect" emulator for SNES and it's since been turned in to Higan. Bsnes Balanced in RetroArch is damn near 100%. I say "perfect" like that because it's emulation is supposedly perfect or near perfect but that obviously doesn't account for features someone may like.

Not read, what I experienced with years of buggy 9x and zsnes working pretty impressively for years... maybe I should check the new contenders, been a while since last time ;) ZSNES "was" the fastest emulator as was coded in assembler, does Bsnes allow for texture files? can it play Star Ocean correctly?

Bsnes, like I said, should have perfect emulation across the board. As for texture files, I am unsure I never bothered to check. You know what RetroArch can do though, it can do lots of stuff. If you like RetroArch as is then check out the bsnes balanced core. I think the mercury cores can also play Star Fox at a regular frame rate instead of 15. xD It may not be the mercury cores, it's been a while since I checked that out. RetroArch has quite a few for SNES though.

bSnes is by far the most accurate emulator out there. ZSnes' advantage is speed on very old computers. The bSnes accuracy core is 100% according to the libretro wiki. link If your system is not able to handle it then the balanced is a very good alternative with a very high accuracy %. The other extremely nice feature of bSnes is the ability to play the MSU-1 sound patched games so you can have CD quality audio in your SNES games (approx a dozen or so games have been done).