LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with Jar files

Wolf_

I was attempting to get Castlevania: Order of Shadows which is a phone game and add it to my collection. and it available as .jar or if you click the .jad link off to the side .jad. I don't know how to get either of those to play though. I have the most recent version of java as well as the sun java wireless toolkit downloaded in case I need either of those. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I removed the link because that doesn't look like an official source at all, Konami would still own that game regardless of platform. That said, you still need a cell phone emulator, it's not going to just work in Java. I don't know which specifically, but: http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Cellphone_emulators

SentaiBrad said Yea, sadly no one has really demanded it or tried real hard. There are a few awesome games on there... but, it's certainly no ones priority. Maybe one day RetroArch, or hell even MESS, will bother.
I'm sure mame will get around to it eventually. Bless those ocd maniacs.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...