LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulating the Arcade (MAME)LaunchBox Tutorial

gizmo

They really need to give the end user the option to turn off those silly nag screens instead of forcing people to either compile their own Mame, look for a pre-compiled build elsewhere or using GrooveyMame. At least give us the option to do like GrooveyMame and do it in the ini with a couple of switches.

mrloki76 said Hi all. I've followed the Tutorial but still having problems. I skipped the RA bit and opted to use MAME (x64) for ease (plus i have a control panel setup so buttons are automaticaly set to MAME defaults). I've imported my MAME ROM's and everything looks fine, but when i double click (or right click and 'Play') a game, it looks like MAME opens and closes immediately (just a flash on my screen). FYI the 'Play Count' in the metadata increases to suggest it loaded and closed. I have added the -skip_gameinfo -nowindow to the command line for the emulator also. Any suggestions? MAME build 0171 (and matching romset), LB V6 (BETA 11 i think - it just updated today)
Hey MrLoki, I just wanted to say that I've been playing with MAME on and off for about 10 years and I got struck with the same problem as you described. I checked everything was working outside of Launch Box, pointing the ROMs path correctly and then getting back to LB and finding nothing working. Steam was coming out of my ears!! In the end, mine was a total rookie mistake. I even came here and found the thread and the answer... and still messed up. I was changing the path in MAME UI - but I wasn't saving it Embarassed Oh dear. Lesson totally learnt. Now you (and I) have it all working - onward and upward 'eh?? Laugh

• 6 months later...

MameUIFX is actually no longer in development, there is however a 3rd party UI for Mame simply called Arcade which is its own executable you install to your Mame directory which gives you the exact same look and functionality of MameUIFX. You can find it on EmuCR.

Mame as of right now is better that the Retroarch official Mame cores but there are some newer git builds of newer Mame cores that are based on newer builds of Mame which are very good. I still prefer stand alone Mame though.