LaunchBox Community Forums

Batch Import Local Media

knewlife

Hi, this is my first post here... I'm a HyperSpin user and have been testing launchbox... very nice so far. I was wondering if there is a way to import a number of images wich names perfectly match the rom names... so i can use all of those images as for example... The Front Cover of all games on a Plataform. If this feature don't exists... then I will like to know where/how Launchbox store the reference to every game images. I'm a programer so I can make some little app to make this import possible. This will be a perfect feature for all people switching from hyperspin to launchbox... as we can use all our hard worked media and roms directly in launchbox.

In the LB image folder there will be a folder for all the platforms that you have added inside of that will be multiple image folders with various names. One will be the front folder you can add your images here manually and then choose the platform in LB use ctrl+A to highlight all of the games in that platform go up to tools and choose download metadata and images run through the wizard and all the fronts from that would be added. You could also go into tools click manage platforms find your platform select it and click edit then go to the folders tab and point LB directly towards your existing folders. This is where it is tricky though because I don't have a clue on how Hyperspin structures it media folders so this may not work if it is done differently or if multiple platforms have images in the same folder (like I said I don't know how it works). But if the fronts are all in one folder for each platform then it would be as easy as pointing LB to another location for each platform.