LaunchBox Community Forums

How to delete a system and start again ?

zugswang

3 times i have had a problem with a system and deleted it, expecting to just type in for example "Sega Dreamcast" and then add rom folder etc so it will go and update it onto Launchbox, but nothing happens each time. Each time this is done it will now not show up at all on the list of systems. Any ideas ? Any help appreciated

Hi @cataclysm67, what version of LaunchBox are you running? This sounds like an issue that people were running into before recent versions where games were not deleted when deleting platforms, and then ended up in your All list without any associated platforms.

If Dreamcast is all you have, you can even delete your LaunchBox.xml, after backing it up, and it will start you completely over like you just downloaded LaunchBox. Jason is right though, it sounds like you deleted the platforms without the games, and they are still inside of LaunchBox in limbo so to speak. You can manually re-add the System in Edit Platforms under tools, and they might show back up so you can delete them... but I am unsure if they will. If you need help adding your systems and games we'd also be more than happy to help. We also have tutorials on our YouTube channel at the link in my description below all of my posts.