LaunchBox Community Forums

Games disappear after image editing

Honosuseri

Hi guys :) I'm trying to be "clever" and import the Capcom Play Systems, Cave etc into their own sections rather than just have a huuuuge Arcade section. I can import the ROMs, it doesn't always find artwork...I'm ok with that and doing it manually as the names can differ slightly to what the database is expecting them to be. This I understand... However I have just downloaded a lot of artwork manually and everything looked great in desktop mode...so moved on doing the other CPS sections. All done I thought...go back and find all the games I have edited have disappeared!! I've gone from ~40 games in CPS I to 5!?! The ones remaining appear to be what the database had found automatically. If anyone can shed any light on why this might be, I'd be very thankful :) P.S I started out on version 6.2...tried the 6.3 Beta in case it was a bug that was fixed but it's doing it in both versions

You are both legends! Yes they've been moved into Arcade which I had already set up, so didn't notice the additions. So I screwed up then when editing, as I set the platform as Arcade (under the Launchbox DB ID)...I see now :) I think I'll restore to an earlier xml backup and edit more carefully this time lol Thanks ever so much for the quick replies.

SentaiBrad said Glad it got worked out!
Yes all sorted! The software auto populated the fields and changed the platform to Arcade from what I had imported them under...the laptop has a 1920x1200P screen was hard to read/notice. It's always something simple we over look lol The way the launcher auto backups up several xmls so you can revert back is brilliant! Really enjoying using this software :)