LaunchBox Community Forums

Filling in black bars on games in MAME

falcon

Hi, I am trying to find a way to fill in the black bars on games that do not fill the whole screen. I have seen it in videos of people showing off MAME cabinets but have not found anything that will help with it. Any help would be great. Thanks Falcon

I have mine setup nicely. There's 2 ways to do it: 1 - Download the MAME extras pack and put it into the directs folders within the MAME directory. Then in settings you can enable them. The issue with that is that isn't isn't clean, it basically is the original media and images that were on the arcade itself. So in many games the actual screen where the game is being played is very small. 2 - I personally use RocketLauncher with MAME through LaunchBox and have Bezels enabled. I found a really nice bezel pack on the emumovies ftp and use those. If you need help setting up the bezels through RocketLauncher just let me know and I can try to walk you through it.