LaunchBox Community Forums

My Custom LaunchBox Build.

Hi all! Im new to the forums but I have been a loyal user of Launchbox for quite a while. But in the last few months the creativity and options of this program have gotten so much better. Ive spend the last few months learning the customization options and I just wanted to share my current Big Box build with you all! I got many of the clear logos off of Hyperspin forums, or Deviant Art or general google searches as well as the LB database. I also added many different background for the various consoles so you get a variety of backgrounds to keep things fresh. I have all the menu transitions on random for variety. Emu movies come from, of course, emumovies. I urge you to have a premium account to both Emumovies and Hyperspin as their snaps, backgrounds and clear logos are invaluable. I did have to search google for many. Just type in "Street Fighter logo png" or whatever game you are looking for and the clear logo will show up. The custom sounds are from the great users on here as well. I urge you to try them all out. Wonderful creative people on here! Anyway, enjoy! :) https://youtu.be/trq-RNrs-lg?t=12s
  • Like 1

Well i say that because Im always messing with it and tweaking it. I love working on it so im never really done. The great thing about LB is you can make it as detailed and feature crazy as you want or as simple and basic as you want, its up to you. But if you get out of it what you put into it work wise. Its a fun hobby for me. Plus im never satisfied lol.

retrogamer said hundreds of hrs of work? oh man. its taking me forever to get my 50 mame roms all to my liking. im not about to download some massive mame rom set cuz itll take 6 mths to log it all in. no way jose!
The only downside of this is that there may be various versions of the games out there that may not work properly, unless you got a set and pulled the game files out that you wanted.

Yeah I would say the majority of the time taken was troubleshooting and trial and error with game testing and the emulators NOT Launchbox. Launchbox is easy and quick to set up, that takes no time at all. Every game I have in there works perfect at this point. I had to basically test all the games and weed out the ones that didnt work or were glitchy, that took time, plus setting up retroarch, MAME, Dolphin, PPSSPP, and PCSX2, that kinda of thing. So I would recommend going after the games you want rather than giant bulk downloads.

The Rom Set is actually a hell of a lot easier. If you have the space for it, the names are set the way they are for a reason. Importing the MAME set doesn't import everything as 1 file doesn't equal 1 game. My set in LaunchBox under Arcade has 1573 items. That's a lot more than you wanted obviously, but it all works great right away. When a new version of MAME comes out I just grab the update pack.