LaunchBox Community Forums

PC games install

Bonoscot

I have many PC games i would like to place in launchbox,however the windows game option to install only scans C: Drive ? I have PC games all over 4 Different drives? What is the best wat to have the Exe of each game installed and run through Launchbox? I was thinking of creating a folder and placing all my exe shortcuts within it,then letting Launchbox scan this folder,install the media and run the games.....Is this possible? Whats the best way to install PC games? Not Steam,i will attempt this later

You can choose what folder to use per platform. Just go to "Edit platform".

You don't actually have to do that though. You could still create a folder full of all your shortcuts and then just drag that folder directly into the Launchbox UI. It'll take you through the import process at that point.

Apologies man,but im lost...when i drag my exe game onto launchbox it asks what Rom files im importing, i select PC games but then it asks what emulator i will use? But i wont use an emulator im just wanting to launch the game.exe file?

I have created a folder called PC games on my F: Drive,within this folder i have every shortcut exe game within this (85 games).....i was hoping to add PC games to launchbox and drag my folder in,then this would update the Media etc and then once clicked it would launch the PC game directly...

Am i doing somthing wrong here? Most my other emulators are fine as you use Dolphin,Zsnes etc ...but launching PC exe files im truggling with...Is their a tutorial i can follow?

Thanks in advance

Put in any emulator and afterwards go and remove the use emulator checkbox from the edit window you would need to do so for every game. You could probably just set some empty .bat file as the emulator and click the game and it would just launch the .exe but I've never tested that just a theory.