LaunchBox Community Forums

Managing rom hacks

Harryham

While it's not what you're looking for in terms of artwork, I like this method for my rom hacks https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/noobs/combining-multi-disc-games-on-launchbox#p23543 That way I just look for the original game and then choose the hack from there.

i should have thought of that, been doing that for my ps1 rpgs haha. Managed to find a few fan made covers for hacks so far. What i'm thinking of doing is, if there's any hacks i desperately want to keep and can't find art work, i'll make a list of them then go on to the photoshop requests subreddit and pay someone some reddit gold to knock them up for me haha. Yes i really am that anal about it! LaughLaugh

lordshaithis said i should have thought of that, been doing that for my ps1 rpgs haha. Managed to find a few fan made covers for hacks so far. What i'm thinking of doing is, if there's any hacks i desperately want to keep and can't find art work, i'll make a list of them then go on to the photoshop requests subreddit and pay someone some reddit gold to knock them up for me haha. Yes i really am that anal about it! LaughLaugh
How about Paypal? :)

depends how much they'd want haha at least with reddit gold, if it's not done or i get scammed etc, it's only about £2.40 I've got box art for the following hacks at the moment if anyone needs them: Pokemon Liquid Crystal, Mario Adventure, Super Mario 64 Star Road, Sonic 3 Complete and Sonic 2 retro remix.

Well, it can take hours to make a good cover... or it can take one hour. It really just depends on what the cover needs and the images available that you can use. Having to manually cut things out of their background to use is what really takes a lot of time. I don't think you would get anything that looks good for $2.50 in Reddit Gold or even $2.50 PayPal. It's just not worth it to a person who makes high quality art because of the time it would take. Unless they have a personal interest and want the cover themselves too. Is there any good NES hacks that don't have covers?

good point :/ i'll just have to be selective of what ones i get for the time being i guess. Not sure to be honest, i'm still fairly new to rom hacks. I don't think Mario Adventure 2 does and i know there's a lot of Castlevania and Mega Man hacks, i'd imagine there's some good ones there without covers.