LaunchBox Community Forums

I can launch Neo Geo games in Retroarch but not in Launchbox

mingooski

Hi, I recently discovered Launchbox when i was building a my HTPC. And i am glad i did, i realy enjoy BigBox. I had almost no problems with setting up the platforms i wanted, thanks to the tutorials. Everything worked until today. I somehow cant start my Neo Geo games anymore (it was working before) But when i launch them in Retroarch it works (with fb alpha, fb alpha neo and fb alpha svn core) Yesterday and today i was bizzy with finding images for covers and background, deleting and adding images to the images folder. And i havent touch anything in the emulator setting. Maybe a helpfull note: I have set up 2 platforms, Neo Geo and Arcade. They both have added files from the same folder (FBA rom pack) with neo geo, cps1, cps2 etc Arcade has no problems with launching games.

I changes cores to fb_alpha, the one i use for arcade (csp1, cps2, cps3 and rest) but no luck. Its realy strange because it worked before with fb_alpha_neo. Maybe i should point out, before i set up Neo Geo an Arcade, i wanted to have Neo Geo,CPS1,CPS2 and Arcade as seperate platforms. But when i tried to set up like that, launchbox could only launch my Neo Geo, CPS2 and not CPS1. And when i changed to only Arcade, it launched everything without problems.

Ok i tried adding a neo geo game (footbal frenzy) to my arcade platform (a game i didnt add to my Neo Geo platform) And i can start that game from my Arcade platform. Gonna delete that and try adding to my Neo Geo platform, but i have a feeling it wont work.

Try changing your Arcade platform association in your Retroarch emulator entry to fb_alpha_neo_libretro and then launching it the game in the Neo Geo platform (I know, it doesn't make any sense, just test it to see what happens). Mine were all kinds of screwed up when I was testing last night. Take a look at this post.

So i deleted a game from my Neo Geo platform (art of fighting) and added to my Arcade platform and it works in Arcade. I deleted it from my Arcade and added it back again to Neo Geo and no luck. But i dont know if this helps, but when i added it back again to Neo Geo, i had to choose Emulator, wich i didnt have to do for adding to Arcade (because it was already present) So i guess if i delete Neo Geo platform and put everything in Arcade it would work, but i realy like to have seperate Neo Geo and Arcade platform :) Maybe last solution is deleting Neo Geo platform, and trying from beginning.

Having NeoGeo as a separate platform is perfectly normal. I do that as well. After upgrading to 6.7 the problem I was having with arcade platforms has been resolved. Basically it was using the wrong cores/configs between the platform in my library and the "associated platform" in the Retroarch emulator entry - "CPS-2" games were using the core and config I had entered for "Arcade". I thought maybe this is what you were experiencing. You can post screenshots of your Retroarch emulator entry screens (Emulator Details and Associated Platforms) and we can take a look. The main points to examine are: 1. Is LB's path to Retroarch correct? 2. Is the name of the "associated platform" in the Retroarch emulator entry identical to the platform name in your game library? 3. Is the name of the core dll file in the Retroarch emulator entry correct, and formatted as -L "cores\[core name].dll"? 4. Is the path to the rom correct in the launcher tab?

Hey Zombeaver, im gonna look at those points tomorrow and starting with my brain reset :) Its now 00:21 in Amsterdam so i hope i can get some sleep and let it go for now :) Maybe 1 thing i should have mention, when i did update to 6.7 i forgot to close LB, i hope LB isnt broken by that? Ty for now and i hope tomorrow bring some solution :)

Hi Zombeaver, Thank you so much for your mention points. I didnt even look at Platform name and associated Platform name. My platform name is NeoGeo and associated platform name was Neo Geo. Now i corrected name and it works :) I feel so stupid for not even looking at name. But im so glad it was this small :) Thank you for your help!