LaunchBox Community Forums

Saraph

I just ran into an issue with SNES (I haven't actually launched a game in there yet, which is why I JUST ran into the issue).

Issue: Games will not launch. When trying to launch a game via Launchbox nothing will happen, but they will work via Retroarch.

Resolution: Rename the name of the system from SuperNES (SNES) to Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

snesfix.jpg

15 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

This isn't a bug, the default platform name is Super Nintendo (SNES) in Launchbox. Somehow you changed your platform and in the "Associated Platforms" window it was using the default and if the name of the platform doesn't match it won't work.

I wonder how that happened! Oh well, glad it's resolved without too much effort. I was watching the SNES tut here and it did mention that the name was changed, I've been playing around with LaunchBox for a long time now, maybe my settings just conflicted with the recent updates? I'm sure then if I did a fresh install I wouldn't of had this issue.