LaunchBox Community Forums

Invaluable gaming websites

alexis524

So, what sites are your go-to, must have, must check daily gaming related websites?

One I frequent is hardcore gaming 101 (http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/)

I love the rich history it gives on some popular series in gaming history, and some lesser known titles complete with unbiased reviews and screenshots often comparing how the titles compared across the platforms they were released for. I've been able to find quite a few gems here that fly under the radar. What gaming related sites are your favorite and why?

I'm a big fan of Hardcore Gaming 101 myself. Not a daily thing by any means but it usually has a lot of in-depth and useful information and, like you said, some good comparative info. Racket Boy is actually pretty similar in a lot of ways too.

I like Rock, Paper, Shotgun quite a bit. It's a great resource if you're into PC gaming. They discuss a lot of obscure stuff as well, which I really appreciate. The "Have You Played..." section is a great place to start for that.

Giant Bomb is the primary "mainstream" gaming site that I frequent. They have an awesome podcast too.

Beyond that I watch a lot of Jim Sterling. The Jimquisition, in particular, is absolutely worth everyone's time. Pertinent, biting, hilarious, and spot-on pretty much every time.

EDIT: Oh, and The Gaming Historian is a channel you should probably check out if you haven't already. Based on your post I'm pretty sure you'd like it. Really interesting and in-depth looks at any number of things in the retro gaming world.

• Like 2

He definitely doesn't pull any punches, that's for sure. Just prepare yourself - he can be rather...shocking at times. The irreverence is what I appreciate though xD 

I'm not sure if you saw the edit about The Gaming Historian but you should check it out if you haven't already. He clearly puts a lot of time and effort into research and thoughtful analysis.