LaunchBox Community Forums

how do i install wii games from wbfs?

carldell

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What seems to be your issue could you provide us a little more information. Do you have .wbfs files working in Dolphin outside of BigBox. As long as the emulator is playing the games it should work in LB just by setting it to the wbfs if you are having issues running it in Dolphin I would suggest making sure the copy of the game that you have is good.

It's okay. We're here to help.

Your response doesn't answer DOS' question, however. Are you able to get them to run in Dolphin normally (taking LB completely out of the equation)? If so, you may just need to make some adjustments in LB. If not, well then you've got another problem.

Well you have to have something to associate your game entries with. My knowledge of WBFS specifically is limited, but don't you have individual files for them? If so, I'm not sure why you'd need to do anything "in WBFS". You should be able to just drop in the WBFS files and tell LB to use Dolphin as the associated emulator.

8 minutes ago, carldell said:

the only way i can see the wii games is on WBFS manager. and that is with a specially formatted HD that cant read in windows . so i cant see any files. only thing i see ,is the games and no way to my knowledge to drag and drop .

I don't know what to tell you. WBFS is a file type that is usable in association with Dolphin via Windows. There has to be some way to extract them. That's not an LB question though, that's a WBFS Manager question.

Beyond that you could look into launching them via special command line parameters.

3 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

WBFS files work just fine through Launchbox and Dolphins, or at least the 3 games I do have in that format do.

Right, but he apparently can't get to them/see them on the hard drive where they're stored...