LaunchBox Community Forums

how do i install wii games from wbfs?

carldell

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help to you on this. I don't own a Wii and I have no experience with pulling the games off a WBFS formatted drive. I'm sure there is a way obviously but I just have no experience doing it.

If I had to guess at it though that WBFS manager program or another windows tool would allow you to access the drive and see those files. Or maybe plugging the drive into a Linux system since that usually is much more forgiving in reading weird file systems.

If you get really anxious to pull something off that you can't find for download just download and burn a Linux livecd or USB stick image and boot into that and plug the drive in and see what happens.

• 1 month later...

No need to leave HDD in WBFS format for most Wii Loaders anymore - so convert your WBFS HDD to fat32 - then LB can see the files you want to import.

download and use this tool. It converts the drive WITHOUT LOSING YOUR GAMES !!

use this link to download the WBFS2FAT app. https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-convert-from-wbfs-to-fat32-or-ntfs.292391/