LaunchBox Community Forums

Cover art for MAME games

ckp

By the way, the option I was talking about earlier is the last box on this screen in the import wizard (these are the default checks for this screen):

MAME Metadata.jpgIf that box is left unchecked and you try to import Aero Fighters for example (aerofgt), this is what you'll get on the final screen (where it shows the title that it will import it as):

MAME Metadata 2.jpgIf you do check it, you'll then be taken to a special import screen specifically for MAME:

MAME Metadata 3.jpgLeaving it with the default options (as pictured above), hitting next then gives you this as the final screen of the import (the actual game title):

MAME Metadata 4.jpg

Ok, actually I did not have to download any art outside of what LB scares for. The only MAME games that imported without art (except only a couple) for me were games that didn't work anyway. So I'm all good now! Thanks for all the help everyone!

Great! :D

If you ever do decide that you want to add art for anything after the fact, the images just need to be placed in whatever folder you want for the appropriate image type (like "Boxes - Front") and match either the game title or rom file name. You can, of course, also add them manually to a game entry by editing the entry, right-clicking in the image section to the bottom right and selecting "add", browsing to whatever image you want, and then choosing whatever image type you want to categorize it as.

• 9 months later...