LaunchBox Community Forums

PC Clear Logos

ThePolish

I've added a couple clear logos to the DB- it seems like Windows is lacking a lot of logos while consoles are doing pretty good. The one I'm questionable on is the World of Warships clear logo.  I used the "actual logo" but am not a big fan of short stubby clear logos on wheels. Is there a set "should be this way" for clear logos on games were the actual logo could be shown a few ways?

My guess would be add it to fan art and if anyone wants to they can swap it for clear logo but I want opinions.

Counter Strike Source.png

DCS World.png

Half Life 2 Lost Coast.png

half life source.png

Insurgency.png

Kerbal Space Program.png

Ricochet.png

War Thunder.png

world of warships 2.png

world of warships.png

• Like 1

It's not a huge deal either way. So long as they're actually submitted to the DB for approval that's the important part. I think that ordinarily this sort of thing would be in the GamesDB topic though. I get the confusion about the distinction between the two topics - I think the primary idea for this one is for Big Box media that wouldn't be on the GamesDB itself. Like platform media for example. If it's something game-specific and would be applicable for submission to the DB to be associated with a specific game entry, I think the GamesDB topic would probably be best.

Thanks for the contributions!

Just now, ThePolish said:

I figured if I was making it for me anyway I'd of course share.

Good on ya, sir. My thoughts exactly. When people take the time to do something like this, there's no point in hoarding it. Others contribute in any number of ways and we all save time in the process.

I'll go ahead and move this thread over to the Games DB section.

• Like 1

@kmoney that's great you're doing those! It is an awesome feeling when you're trying to add a game that's a little obscure and you find someone else in the community already did a little work to make your setup nice! I like to think of it as - if I had to personally create every logo for my Genesis collection it would take me a year and I'd give up - the fact that we all contribute is what makes projects like this thrive!

@Zombeaver thanks for moving it over!

• Like 1