LaunchBox Community Forums

HEARTBREAKING!!! The GoldenEyeOO7 Remake that almost was (XBLA)

kerszr

I normally don't give out TRIGGER WARNINGS: but if you are sensitive to disappointment then... I just put that there just in case.

What a loss. Goldeneye is one of my favorite games and having it alongside Perfect Dark would have been a excellent move for Microsoft if possible. There is so much tragedy in this video and not just in the fact that they had a nearly perfect port of the original goldeneye running at 1080p at 60 frames per second. -- that was Shakespearean on its own -- but take a second look at that intro.

"Do you expect me to put up the Nintendo logo?"
"No Mr. Bond I expect you to die!"

I can only see that as a lamentation by the rare staff about how they were feeling thanks to their new overlords. I can only guess this came after the Kinect Sports fiasco and how much of the major Rare players have left. Actually if I remember correctly if you look at some of the descriptions to the guns in Perfect Dark Zero. The laptop sentry gun is running a version of Microsoft Windows. Yes, a gun that kills people is running Windows. I think it was no secret that Rare and Nintendo had a much better working relationship, like how they always boasted the Nintendo Logo in every game. Even the tongue and cheek conker the squirrel took a chainsaw to the N64 in his bad fur day.
Anywho, rant over. According to the menus the game seems to keep to its roots by offering a online mode. There is sadly, no footage. Lucky for us Goldeneye fans and fanettes it has made a much welcome return in the FREE Goldeneye source mod. Iposted about that earlier. And hopefully now that it is out in the open the ISO might be more likely to slip through the Microsoft cracks.

Video:

Article:
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/see-the-goldeneye-007-hd-remaster-that-nearly-made-it-to-xbox/
Windows 2020 Sentry Gun: http://perfectdark.wikia.com/wiki/Laptop_Gun
Goldeneye source: https://www.geshl2.com/downloads/
(Send me a invite to play! Steam Username is: Silenthillbilly)

While source is ok its just not the original 007... as for the XBLA remake now that would have been gold...... ive been waiting a lonnnggg time for it to slip thru the cracks and be leaked and then one day hopefully emulated on the pc... i had PerfectDark XBLA booted up on the xbox emulator the other day unfortunately its not that playable but it was still cool to be able to boot it up on my PC.. just waiting for that day when its fully playable.

• Like 1