LaunchBox Community Forums

has anyone had this problem with mame

djwar

Ok i found out what the problem was.. Fixed!

new mame versions have inside ini folder, 2 ini files called mame and vector both have rom path. so if you open mame UI and change rom path there, it will only change in the mame ini file, so vector games will keep the default rom path.

Ahh, glad you figured it out. MameUI does it differently than the command line version of Mame. The command line version just has an ini file in the main folder where the exe is. There is an ini folder with a sub folder called presets and the ini files in there control things like shader settings but not rompaths.

Remember I mentioned that I had 2 versions, well .167 is like that, the ini folder only have 1 mame.ini file inside. 

It also controls the shaders and more,  also the rompath. 

Lordmonkus are you ready for a new brain teaser? I think is easier but also strange, I got it solved within hours