LaunchBox Community Forums

Possible to add Netflix and SlingTV?

ckp

Do you mean you launch thees kind of like how you launch PC games with no emulator?

So for SlingTV exe (or other similar applications), how do you exit these without keyboard or mouse, to return to LB?

And for Win 10 Apps like Netflix, they are unusual and don't have a shortcut. In fact, I am not even sure how these launch and what they run as. Installing the Win 10 app just produces a special shortcut with no target or info about an executable.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah that is exactly how to do it I use the add button in the bottom right corner (only visible if the bottom bar is enabled under views) and just point it to any .exe.

21 minutes ago, ckp said:

So for SlingTV exe (or other similar applications), how do you exit these without keyboard or mouse, to return to LB?

You have me here because I always have a keyboard present. For Plex Home Theater it already has built in controller support so that isn't an issue. I believe that the Windows Store Plex app and Plex Media Player also all support controllers also. I read a post here earlier where people were talking about a few different controller apps that let you set multiple button option and that they completely navigate windows with their controller I don't remember the exact post so if anyone involved their sees this give a shout.

ok, so i get the part about adding a normal exe or shortcut, but i have no idea how to add a windows app store app to launch, like netflix. 

i guess exiting these apps will be an issue also unless i can figure something out for that.

That's great, thanks for saving me some time searching!

But I can't seem to create a platform named TV? I create this in managed platforms, but it is not there to select as the platform when trying to use the Add button to add a shortcut?

That makes perfect sense as far as the left view of platforms goes, but they definitely should show up in the platform drop list when adding a platform to a game or app, imho.

Anyway, I'm all set now, other than how to close these apps. Thanks a lot!