LaunchBox Community Forums

Mortal Kombat Komplete

latin625

I am brand new to the Launchbox platform and came over because I am super fustrated with HS.

My question is, how do I add Mortal Kombat Komplete (Windows PC) game to launchbox.  I can not get it imported and it does not run on DOSBOX. 

I just want a point to the exe.  Please help.

Thanks!!!!

Click "add" in the bottom right of Launchbox. When the blank window pops up, click browse next to Application Path, then point it at the .exe for MK. Also, if you want metadata, type in Mortal Kombat at the top, make sure the platform is listed as Windows, and then click Search for Metadata.

That should be all you need to do.

Edited by FistyDollars
  • Like 2

The only thing I would add to this is that if you have the game via Steam, directing to a specific .exe may or may not work depending on the game's DRM. In some cases it'll work just fine, but in others it will want the game launched "through steam" and using an .exe directly won't work. You can still launch them through LB/BB via their steam application ID, however. If you go to your start menu -> Steam and right click on one of the shortcuts you should see a target path of something like "steam://rungameid/######" (the number is game-specific). You can do the same thing with desktop shortcuts created via Steam. If you copy this URL directly into your LB entry (where you would normally put the .exe path), launching that entry is functionally identical to just pulling up steam and pressing "play game" for that game.

If you just import your entire Steam library into LB, obviously this isn't necessary, but I have way more games on my Steam account than I actually want to pull into LB, so I just hand-pick them; and there were instances where this method was necessary in order for the games to work.

• 4 years later...