LaunchBox Community Forums

[SOLVED] Autokeys are super convenient, but don't work for all emulators?

Aurel

HI!

I'm building a gamepad only gaming setup, and I really like the autokeys features!

It works beautifuly on every emulators of mine but 2: Kega Fusion and MupenPlus for N64.

Any idea how I could fix this?   Thanks : )

Before someone asks why I'm not using Retroarch: I do for many platforms, I like it!
But MupenPlus supports a much better / recent video plug in than its retroarch core, which removes a lot of Retroarch glitches.
( ex: This is how Mario Tennis is displayed in Retroarch: https://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=File:RetroArch-0822-203402.png )

Edited by Aurel

Hey, thanks for the super fast answer! : )

I'd like to be able to exit these emulators with a gamepad button as I already do for every other emulators.

(I could switch from Fusion to Retroarch, I just like how some of the Sega CD features are handy to set in the standalone version. But yes, sadly Retroarch is very bad at N64 emulation.)

Edited by Aurel

Well the Launchbox AHK exit key combo works for my Mupen64 stand alone because I use it for Beetle Adventure Racing. It's the only emu to run it and be playable. I didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary to have it work either.

What CD features are you using in Fusion that RA Genesis GX doesn't have ? I just haven't seen any reason to use Fusion since switching to RA for Genesis games. Fusion does do better with 32X games though to be fair. Retroarch Genesis GX also emulates Pier Solar including the CD version while Fusion cannot run even just the cart version.

Again, switching from Fusion to RA really isn't a problem, I can do that ( I only like to try different mega cd bios when a few cd images are tricky to launch )

So exit autokeys are working for Mupen, but not for MupenPlus?

That's interesting, I'll will search if GlideN64 can be run into vanilla Mupen.
When you download the GlideN64 plug in,  MupenPlus is recommended, but maybe it will work anyway? Are you guys using it already?

Edited by Aurel

Good question about the CD features I know Fusion doesn't support disc swapping which is important for a few games the one thing better about Fusion is that it supported the 32X and the CD 32X combo which would be nice to see added to the Gens core rather than needing Pico drive for both of those game sets. I know this is moot because you said switching to RA isn't an issue for Sega stuff but I was just curious.

@DOS76  No problem!

Also, I'm glad to read some Mega CD love here, always appreciated : )

@lordmonkus  Mupen64plus 2.5 it will be then, thanks a lot for your time!

( and I will switch to RA for Sega CD, it was mainly for TimeGal, but worst case scenario I'll look for the laserdisc version)

Edited by Aurel

I'm always open to other emulators especially if they bring something special that is missing from another emulator. I Just have no idea what Fusion brings that Retroarch Genesis GX core doesn't outside of the 32X support. And it is always possible to have a feature that I missed out on because it was something I personally never needed.

Weird that your exit isn't working, works fine for me. I use the back and start button on an Xbox 360 controller.

Same here, back and start button on an Xbox 360 controller as well!

I'll try a fresh mplus install, maybe it's only bad luck, or the new dynarec version doing something more in background which would be killed instead of the main app.

Edited by Aurel