LaunchBox Community Forums

XAML Transition Selector Question..

Retro956

Hi, I'm still kind of new to this and I'm trying to add carts to my themes TextGamesView.  I can add it to where it is a static image using:

<Image Source="{Binding Path=SelectedGame.CartFrontImagePath}" Grid.Row="6" Grid.Column="16" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" Grid.RowSpan="3" Panel.ZIndex="100" Margin="10,0,10,0"/>

now,  The problem is that it looks funny since everything else comes in with the Transition Presenter and this is just a static Image.  I was wondering if there is a way to use that path with the Transition Presenter. 

I've tried a couple of different ways to get this in the Transition Presenter ie:

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="6" Grid.Column="16" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" Grid.RowSpan="4" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding path=SelectedGame.CartFrontImagePath}" Panel.ZIndex="100" Margin="10,0,10,0"/>

With that, I just get text instead of an actual image.

The other thing I tried was making another Resource that matched ImagesView and called it ImageCartView then replaced it to use SelectedGame.CartFrontImagePath and change my code in TextGamesView to:

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="6" Grid.Column="16" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" Grid.RowSpan="4" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageCartView}" Panel.ZIndex="100" Margin="10,0,10,0"/>

But that did nothing as well... Is there something I'm missing here?

Till then, I'll just use the static image without the transition presenter.

Thanks for any help!

Hi @Retro956, there is a way to do this but it's unfortunately not very easy currently; it's pretty convoluted and would take a book to explain. I have plans to both come up with an easier solution and add it to the documentation so that it's easier to add transitions for things like this; hopefully I can tackle that shortly after the 6.9 release. :)