LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch Cores

InfinityFox

Just a quick question regarding setting up Retroarch. I'm following a Launchbox video guide at the moment and have selected the following core for SNES " snes9x_libretro.dlll "

I was wondering if I use the same core for Super Famicom? If not which core offers the best compatability to date?

Is there also perhaps a thread listing the bests cores or do the cores get tweeked to often for such a list to remain current

Cheers guys

Yes the same core will work for Super Famicom games.

If you have a decent CPU you can use the BSnes Balanced or Accuracy cores and those would be better than Snes9x in terms of compatibility. The Accuracy core claims 100% compatibility while the Balanced is basically 99% with one game having a small graphical glitch.

Here is a link for Retroarch info including a pretty good recommended cores list. The Saturn core listed is out of date though since the Mednafen Saturn core is now available.

http://www.powerup.io/gaming/emulators/retroarch

Yeah 4.5 GHz is way more than enough for the accuracy core, 3 GHz is the recommended speed for it.

You don't need to delete any cores if you don't want to. Just download the new core and edit the command line parameters in Launchbox in the Retroarch Associated Platforms window to use the core you downloaded.

If you do want to delete the old core go into the cores folder in your Retroarch folder and delete it.

Did another post regarding the reason/ pros and cons of the tick option to " extract ROM archives before running " but the post seems to have caused an EX0 error and cannot be viewed so I hoped to get an answer in my first thread! The files I'm adding now are in 7z format

Edited by InfinityFox
additional info