LaunchBox Community Forums

MaterialBox

Akezhar

I've been working on this theme for a few days now and I thought some of you guys might enjoy it, it's a bit different from the themes that have been uploaded since it has more of a desktop layout and it's meant to be used with a mouse (should still work with a controller) having details and notes scrollable with the mouse wheel, smaller text and a couple of hover effects.

Screenshot-1.pngScreenshot-2.pngScreenshot-3.pngIt's not perfect but it's the first time that I do something like this and the first time I use XAML so let me know what you think of it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beatlemaniac19 said:

I think this is a great idea! For those looking for a nostalgic desktop experience this would be perfect with Big Box.

Since we can't really skin LaunchBox this will do.

4 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Don't know if this is a bug or just a setting I am missing but my Platform list doesn't scroll. I can select platforms off screen below the cutoff but it doesn't scroll to show the platforms. The games list scrolls just fine but not platforms.

I don't have enough platforms to warrant a scroll so it could be a bug, I'll have to check it later this evening when I get back from work.

Fantastic theme!

I noticed a bug or maybe my lack of option enable/disable features on my part but the platform list does not scroll. The actual platform list does not move past the bottom of the screen if that makes sense! 

Also scrolling through the Platforms in Platform View using recommended text with details view is slow/laggy. It even stops randomly on a platform when you scroll holding down a direction instead of infinite scrolling up or down.

Edited by master333

9 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Cool, really like the look of the theme though so far. It's the only theme I have bothered to even try out yet.

5 hours ago, master333 said:

Fantastic theme!

I noticed a bug or maybe my lack of option enable/disable features on my part but the platform list does not scroll. The actual platform list does not move past the bottom of the screen if that makes sense! 

Also scrolling through the Platforms in Platform View using recommended text with details view is slow/laggy. It even stops randomly on a platform when you scroll holding down a direction instead of infinite scrolling up or down.

I've uploaded a new version of the theme that should fix the issue, let me know if there is any problem.

Good to know that the scrolling is working now, about the lag, I don't know that I can do anything about it, it's just the standard list used in the default theme.

Do you feel the same lag while scrolling games too or just the platforms?

Edited by Akezhar

2 ideas I was thinking about is:

Platform & Game View:

Really want: Instead of the details box in the platform and games screen you could replace/or adjust another view with platform or games video box instead.

Optional: We could get clearlogo game titles instead of text? We could get a vertical scroll wheel with text or clearlogos on the left side for both platform and games view?

Hopefully these can give you some inspiration but it is your baby so its up to you whatever you want to do with it. I just really want a platform video to be playing in platform view!

Thanks for the info.

Do you know if you could add the video for the platform view? I have my mp4 videos in Launchbox/Videos/Platforms folder. I would want your theme to access those in the platform view somehow. Maybe replacing Details or replacing the picture of the system/platform with the video if the videos are in there.

OK by using an alternate view other than text for the platform view I have achieved what I wanted but would you be able to fix the theme so the images for the 'recents' game thumbnails show on the platform views? At the moment the games pics/thumbs are greyed out?

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

Edited by master333
update

Perfect  and amazing! No scroll lag anywhere in sight and videos are now playing in your theme!

Bug: You cannot select a recents in platform view. Normally on a platform that is selected you press right and you can go through the recents. Can this be amended?

Thanks for your excellent work.

Edited by master333

Using your latest upload.

Using your recommendation: video details thumbs looks more like default theme and the recents are greyed out but i can use right to select the unknown games.

Using image detail video view the whole view looks like your theme and nicer but as i said before i cannot move right on recents.

pics attached!

Thoughts?

issue.jpg

issue2.jpg