LaunchBox Community Forums

Updating System roms

InfinityFox

Just a quick question.... I've added sega Saturn to my collection, scanned the rom files and downloaded the relevant artwork. All the rom are in archived in 7z format. Now several days later I want to add some additional rooms in zip format. How do I add these rims to my current collection without LaunchBox downloading all the media again for the current rooms and the new ones I'll be adding to the same folder.

Thanks

Huh? Are the ones that you're going to add later actually different games or not? If they're different games I'm not sure why it'd be downloading "media again". You can just drag whatever new files you want to add directly into the LB UI and import them - it doesn't completely rescrape/redownload everything in a platform just from adding new games.

6 minutes ago, InfinityFox said:

It's Japanese games so there may be duplicates

If they actually have the exact same title, you may have to use the "force import of duplicates" check box in the wizard. Otherwise it'll see that you've already got a game in your library with the same title and decide that "you don't actually want to import this one". Forcing duplicates makes it import everything you tell it to import, even if you already have a game in your library with the same name as what you're importing. Don't select this option unless you know this to be the case and you specifically want it to import the duplicates.

6 minutes ago, InfinityFox said:

So by dragging the new Roma to Launchbox will it ask me what platform I'm adding and I'll get to choice what artwork and database I want to use, just as it does when you select import roms

Yep, exactly. You can drag in anything new you want to import, tell it what platform they are, and the proceed through the rest of the import wizard as normal. It'll only scrape media/metadata for those games.