LaunchBox Community Forums

How to show platform in game details?

ckp

When in attract mode in BB, I would like the platform info to show when a game is landed on. I see some game detail text, but not Platform. I checked options and Platform is indeed checked for game details as well as many other items checked that do not show up when a game is landed on (manually or by attract mode).

I'd like Platform to show along with the other details that show for a game, especially when in attract mode, so I know which platform the game is in case I want to find it manually.

This is theme/view dependent. There are certain views where the platform name is displayed and others where it isn't. If you assign a button to switch to different views you'll see some where the platform name is displayed. It's not actually in the game details though, it's just shown on screen.

Thanks @Zombeaver, I'll check, but it's a bummer that you have to stop attract mode to see the platform, and I'd rather see the platform in the game details whether in attract mode or not. 

I feel kind of silly asking this, but for the life of me I just can't figure out how to unassign a controller button back to NONE??

5 minutes ago, ckp said:

it's a bummer that you have to stop attract mode to see the platform

You don't - that's what I'm saying. It's view-dependent. Attract mode uses whatever view you're using normally in BB. If that view shows the platform name, you'll see it while attract mode is running. If it doesn't, you won't.

5 minutes ago, ckp said:

I feel kind of silly asking this, but for the life of me I just can't figure out how to unassign a controller button back to NONE??

I've actually wondered this myself - I'm not sure if you can. I haven't figured it out either if you can.

5 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Are you using a custom theme? The default theme most assuredly shows it in some views.

No theme. Just the basic stuff. No platform. The games do have a platform field filled in.

For the button assignments not being able to unassigns, now I have duplicates. No idea which take precedence but I see at least one not working maybe because of this.

The problem with that is that it exits LB if you have assigned a button to the escape key for exiting LB!! Hahaha. I already tried that and it closed BB. When this field is in the mode to take button assignments, it should disable whatever button exits LB.  :D

Edited by ckp

55 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Interesting, I'll have to try that. Does it indeed say to use backspace though? Must be a typo if so.

Yeah it does sort of. It says "Press a button or press Back key to clear..."

The Back "key" (whatever controller button you have assigned to Back) does not work to clear it. And the Backspace on keyboard doesn't either just in case it means that one.

It's messed up  ^_^