LaunchBox Community Forums

How can I make Launchbox update Images/Media for all games on all platforms all at once?

ounaazh

Hi!

I'm rather new, but have imported tons of content. As downloads are low, I imported a lot of them without images. How  can I make it import images for all games at once or atleast for all games on a single platform? I just wanna tick all these choices again and make it download all the images/media I want for all games.
It would be cool if I could select a default for platforms separately or for all platforms to download a set of images/media for all and future adds.
Also: can I make it scan folders for changes-additions to library? In case I add games to my game folder (all platforms seperate folders), could it automatically add them to my library under the platform?
Also: why seperate accounts for LaunchBox and forums?
Also: is there a possibility for a better scanning of games... I mean, some names have commas, etc. in them and aren't connected to the ones in library. It would be neat to click some button like "extensive search for all titles not connected to games" and narrow it down so it offers near matches and makes it able to connect titles.

Thanks!

In LB, use ctrl+a in your platform, then right click to download media. Yes, if you drag/drop your new games, it'll prompt you to download media for it. Third, maybe for anonymity or technically easier this way, don't know. Fourth, I asked about this and I suppose search is being improved a bit. 

Thanks! I've got it working, even though it seems to not work perfectly... I had to do it three times to get all done, it stopped in the middle upon first two times for some reason. Maybe wrong names for games (imported from filename) or whatever. Anyways, thanks!

Now I wish the downloading part would be quicker & there would be a possibility to automatically sync platforms with their folders + the search would be more flexible if it doesn't find any matches with strict rules... AND a global setting "download these images/this media for all of my games". :P

Edit: It would also be cool if we could "search for games not connected to database profiles" and link them to database profiles easilly. It would be much easier to do this while importing and then set it to download media :)

Edited by ounaazh