LaunchBox Community Forums

My Future Pinball collection

JaysArcade

They work OK. Android is kind of a pain because of all the ads but it does work. I went against the traditional use of Bluestacks for Android because I couldn't get it to go fullscreen and it always opened with another window over the main one. I use AMIduOS and it works OK. Running it on an arcade cabinet. I use a trackball as a mouse to simulate touch/swipe and some of my control panel buttons to simulate tilt. Joystick for movement/swipe. Some games just don't translate well at all, especially the ones that use pinch/zoom features, but a lot of the others work OK. To be completely honest, I set it up more as a novelty than anything else. I think I have probably less than 20 games set up for it. I had to set up .bat files for each game because for some reason the .lnk (shortcuts) for AMIduOS would not run went launched from Launchbox. I can't remember exactly how I have the .bat files set up (at work currently) but I can let you know later if you're interested. Maybe I'll put up a quick vid of an Android game starting from Launchbox.

Wow thats a lot of Android games. The emulation is pretty good. I'd say once you get Bluestacks, AMIduOS, or another Android emulator running and if the game will run on a gamepad, you should have no problems. The biggest hurdle will be getting Launchbox to run them. Bluestacks will be the easiest way to go because it creates Windows shortcuts for each game that can be launched from Windows. This makes it easy to add the shortcuts as roms to Launchbox. I just wasn't thrilled with how Bluestacks runs windowed. That's why I went with AMIduOS. AMIduOS however took some creative thinking to figure out how to launch the games. Also, AMIduOS has gestures support that can be mapped to controls, but for some reason, you have to turn them on each time you start a game. This led me to create an autohotkey script to tell AMIduOS to turn on gestures at each launch. I run the script before launching AMIduOS.

Now, about recording some gameplay, I'm having some difficulty in that department right now. I recorded some stuff but the actual Android stuff didn't record. Researching another recording solution right now. I'll see what I can do.

Downloaded OBS to record. Here you go. Not pretty but it does work. Like I said, more of a novelty than anything else.

Edited by jaythompson
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Where did you obtain the art / clear logos?  I just installed Future Pinball and have about 60 tables, no art was found. I used the FP Loader in the Download section.  It works great, I just wish I had something to view.  Not sure if it is due to the fact that there is no standardized naming convention for the various tables, Ultimate, Regular, VIP, ect.  Any help would be great.  Thanks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FChristopherMeder said:

Where did you obtain the art / clear logos?

Here and there. I think from Hyperspin FTP and/or Emumovies FTP. Some of the tables came with logos as well. I'm not currently able to update the Launchbox Database with my stuff because some of it was taken from HS. I'm also waiting for more fields in Launchbox and the database in order to add Table Author info and some other fields like backglass and playfield images that are needed for inclusion of pinball tables. I talk about it a bit in the link below. It's possible that I could share with you guys via other means if you are really champing at the bit for this stuff, I just don't want to muddy the waters between Launchbox and Hyperspin by trying to put stuff on the Launchbox database that shouldn't be there. Of course all of it might not be named how your stuff is named so you would have to deal with all that. Future Pinball was a lot of work. I've yet to dip my toes in the Visual Pinball waters.

Maybe I should put in a ticket on Bitbucket for the extra fields needed, or maybe I feel lucky enough that @Jason Carr will read this and just add a few fields for Pinball.... :D