LaunchBox Community Forums

Daphne/Singe Emulator Fullscreen

rrichter

On 9/16/2021 at 11:26 PM, Dindu Nuffan said:

I've tried every crazy 4:3 and 16:9 resolution imaginable...and I could get close to making the scanlines work, but I would always be chopping a blocky text pixel in half or thirds or something.  I just never could get it to actually line up like it should with the actual pixel resolution from the game.  BUT...with an update, maybe they fixed it.  I'll give it another go!  Thanks for the heads up!!

Ok, I had some time today so tried the latest Hypseus - https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/releases/

It seems to me, with the latest release,  you can now get '-scanlines' working better (dependant upon your display resolution) by taking multiples of the dimensions using -x and -y.

640x480, 1024x768, 1280x960, 2048x1536 - seemed to work better on some displays

800x600, 1600x1200 - worked better on others

Also seemed to get different results in using the new '-nolinear_scale' argument too.

Edited by Charlie Chump
Update Release URL

• 5 months later...

Hi all, I don't belong to the LaunchBox community per se, but I had the same audio issue using Daphne and came here to find a resolution.  I didn't find one here, but once I figured it out, I had to post back here for the simplest solution that we all overlooked.  Assuming that you're still using Daphne.exe and Windows 10, what you do is right click the Daphne.exe, goto properties, goto compatibility, hit the button that says "change high DPI settings", put a check in "High DPI scaling override" near the bottom, and on the drop down menu there, choose "Application".  Apply that bad boy and now you can use 1650x1050 or whatever and you will have fullscreen plus sound.  I'm also using OpenGL within Daphne...not sure that even matters, but there you are.

• Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/16/2021 at 11:26 PM, Huda_Thunkit said:

I've tried every crazy 4:3 and 16:9 resolution imaginable...and I could get close to making the scanlines work, but I would always be chopping a blocky text pixel in half or thirds or something.  I just never could get it to actually line up like it should with the actual pixel resolution from the game.  BUT...with an update, maybe they fixed it.  I'll give it another go!  Thanks for the heads up!!

Oooh, have you seen the latest version :)

Plenty of scanline options now :)

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/releases/tag/v2.8.2b

176228625-5b2c52b2-5651-41d6-8088-d81185

175498541-843fe4a9-20b9-40f8-99b7-17bdf2

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 8:56 PM, sylas said:

Hi all, I don't belong to the LaunchBox community per se, but I had the same audio issue using Daphne and came here to find a resolution.  I didn't find one here, but once I figured it out, I had to post back here for the simplest solution that we all overlooked.  Assuming that you're still using Daphne.exe and Windows 10, what you do is right click the Daphne.exe, goto properties, goto compatibility, hit the button that says "change high DPI settings", put a check in "High DPI scaling override" near the bottom, and on the drop down menu there, choose "Application".  Apply that bad boy and now you can use 1650x1050 or whatever and you will have fullscreen plus sound.  I'm also using OpenGL within Daphne...not sure that even matters, but there you are.

Unfortunately this solution didn't work for me. Audio works great when I disable fullscreen but nothing when fullscreen was enabled. Was excited when I saw this solution but alas the search goes on for me.

Edited by Lewis74

@Lewis74 Have you tried all the editing of the .bat files? That was the first thing I tried. It didn't work, but as the scaling override did work for me, maybe one of the other things will work for you. It's very satisfying once it does work. Then you shoot things for a couple of days and the novelty wears off. These are not long games. 

2 hours ago, Beati3 said:

@Lewis74 Have you tried all the editing of the .bat files? That was the first thing I tried. It didn't work, but as the scaling override did work for me, maybe one of the other things will work for you. It's very satisfying once it does work. Then you shoot things for a couple of days and the novelty wears off. These are not long games. 

Yes tried everything. The only thing I haven't tried is instead of using audio through HDMI instead use through the 3.5mm jack. But that still doesn't explain why it works when not in full screen.

@Lewis74  Hey man, so there are many other settings that could interfere.  You have the generic graphics settings within Windows control panel, as well, you have your graphics card control panel.  If you're on Nvidia, then you might want to check if scaling is activated there.  So in the "manage 3d settings" under the global tab, you might want to disable image scaling if it's enabled.  Also in Nvidia control panel, on the left hand side, you should see "adjust desktop size and position"...try setting like the pic below.  Under size tab, the box is unchecked and drop down is set to auto.  Also check your version of Daphne.exe mine is ver.  0.1.0.12.  You could also re-install latest graphics drivers and choose to start fresh or whatever it's called while installing.  Oh, and I almost forgot to ask....which games are you trying to run fullscreen?

nvidia.jpg

Edited by sylas
forgot to ask a question