LaunchBox Community Forums

Daphne/Singe Emulator Fullscreen

rrichter

ok so I have zero experience with daphne/singe emulation.  I got time travel and emulator from a download and its preset up to run.  just click the timetravler.bat file and fires up.  my problem is when trying to run it I cant get it to go fullscreen and really cant find and thing on this.  any help would be great.  I'm running this in launchbox but I just created a fake emulator and directed the exe at the bat file so it fires right up.  so I cant and any command lines under emulator

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by rrichter

Ok I am not too up on Time Traveler itself but if you are going through Daphne itself but you find out how to make a bat file for a game by doing this.

Open your DaphneLoader.exe click the Configure button and go to the Advanced tab. The bottom drop down menu "Display command line", set this to Enabled, click apply and ok. Now when you start that game it is going to popup with a bunch of text, select it all and copy. The game will launch but just exit back out.

I have done this for several Daphne games to generate batch files and they all work. Here is the batch file I have for Dragon's Lair

daphne.exe lair vldp -framefile H:\Emulation\Roms\Daphne\vldp\lair\lair.txt -blend -ignore_aspect_ratio -blank_searches -precache -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir H:\Emulation\Roms\Daphne -fastboot -bank 0 11011001 -bank 1 00100111 -nocrc -noissues -noserversend -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen -x 1600 -y 1200

so it not exactly daphne from what I understand(there is no daphneloader.exe in the folder), I have that emulator also.  this is daphne singe emulator that in the folder, it wont let me open the daphne exe it says I have a bad command line then if I just click the bat file it loads the game.  ive dealt a little with the main daphne emulator but ive never seen this before

Screenshot (3).png

• 3 years later...

I realise this is an old thread, but the topic is relevant, so rather than starting a new one ...

I've got American Laser Games working well. I have one glitch. When I use the -fullscreen parameter I get no audio. The Daphne log says:

--DAPHNE version 1.0.10
--Command line is: daphne.exe singe vldp -x 800 -y 600 -fullscreen -noserversend -framefile singe/crimepatrol/frame-crimepatrol-cdrom.txt -script singe/crimepatrol/cdrom-crimepatrol.singe 
--CPU : GenuineIntel 3500 MHz || Mem : 2048 megs
--OS : Windows NT Derivative || Video : Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics 650
--OpenGL: Compiled In
--RGB2YUV Function: MMX
--Line Blending Function: MMX
--Audio Mixing Function: MMX
Setting screen width to 800
Setting screen height to 600
Set 800x600 at 32 bpp with flags: 80000001
Initializing sound system ... 
WARNING: Audio device could not be opened: DirectSoundCreate: No audio device found
Joystick #0 was successfully opened
Remapping input ...
Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: singe/crimepatrol/./
YUV overlay is done in software (ie unaccelerated).
Booting ROM ...
Starting Singe version 1.14

I can run them in a window with sound no problem. Then the log looks like this:

--DAPHNE version 1.0.10
--Command line is: daphne.exe singe vldp -x 800 -y 600 -noserversend -framefile singe/crimepatrol/frame-crimepatrol-cdrom.txt -script singe/crimepatrol/cdrom-crimepatrol.singe 
--CPU : GenuineIntel 3500 MHz || Mem : 2048 megs
--OS : Windows NT Derivative || Video : Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics 650
--OpenGL: Compiled In
--RGB2YUV Function: MMX
--Line Blending Function: MMX
--Audio Mixing Function: MMX
Setting screen width to 800
Setting screen height to 600
Set 800x600 at 32 bpp with flags: 0
Initializing sound system ... 
Joystick #0 was successfully opened
Remapping input ...
Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: singe/crimepatrol/./
YUV overlay is done in software (ie unaccelerated).
Booting ROM ...
Starting Singe version 1.14

Would someone know what I'm getting wrong, please? Thank you.

I have never gotten around to setting up SINGE so might be a bit different, but looking at my Daphne command line I would try a couple things:

1. move the -fullscreen flag before the x and y flags. 
  2. if that doesn't work, try moving the fullscreen and x,y flags to after your framefile reference.

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately they didn't work. When I change to -fullscreen_window I get audio, but I also only get the top left corner of the window, even with -x 800 -y 600. It's an odd one. I've also tried using -volume_vldp 50 to try and set that at the end of the command, but no joy. Very odd.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I can't help with the sound issue.  But for people using standard Daphne I will point out that you can run daphne fullscreen windowed, rather than fullscreen, by using DxWnd.  Anything that goes hard fullscreen on a smaller resolution than my desktop, personally, it drives me nuts :-D.

Maybe this will help someone....

Create an Emulator called "American Laser Games" point it to a .bat file called "American Laser Games"

Ensure the .bat contains this line...

daphne.exe singe vldp -scanlines -noserversend -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen -x 800 -y 600 -opengl -framefile singe/%1/%1.txt -script singe/%1/%1.singe

When importing the games, import the "gamename.txt" from within the \singe\gamename\ folder

Emulators\American Laser Games\singe\timetraveler\timetraveler.txt  <---- Import this as the game

My folder structure is:-

\\Launchbox\Emulators\American Laser Games\singe\timetraveler\timetraveler.txt      <--- This is called by the %1.txt above AND what you import as the ROM

\\Launchbox\Emulators\American Laser Games\singe\timetraveler\timetraveler.singe     <----- This is called by the %1.singe above

The above command is suitable for the following "American Laser Games"

Crime Patrol, Drug Wars, The Last Bounty Hunter, Mad Dog McCree, Mad Dog II The Lost Gold, Ninja Hayate, Space Pirates, Time GAL, Time Traveller and Who Shot Johnny Rock?

PS/ The Daphne.exe used for American Laser Games is NOT the same as the one used for Dragons Lair etc

Edited by spacemonkey

On 10/18/2020 at 3:51 AM, Beati3 said:

Thank you for responding. I'm using a similar approach but I have a .bat file for each game. I tried you -sound-buffer 2048 but still no sound with -fullscreen. I might work for someone else though.

I will see what my setup does if I remove -sound_buffer 2048 and the -opengl entry.   Maybe both are redundant I am not sure.

\\Launchbox\Emulators\American Laser Games\  contains the following on my system... (if you need to check .dll files).

image.thumb.png.f71d4e667e33fdbdbdf64a8e64afe3af.pngCould it be a .dll that is needed ?   Your error log says WARNING: Audio device could not be opened: DirectSoundCreate: No audio device found which is rather odd given it managed to find it when running in a Window.

The following folders are totally empty..

data, framefile, ram, roms, videos

• 10 months later...

In regards to the sound issue with Daphne Singe in fullscreen...I'm having the same problem.  Everything works fine running through my gaming computer, but when running through my Intel NUC using HDMI, I have this issue.  I think audio over HDMI may be the issue here.  Did anyone ever find a fix?

By the way, I tried setting up Hypseus Singe and the audio issue doesn't happen with it!  The only problem I have with Hypseus Singe is trying to get the -scanline command to work correctly.  In Daphne Singe, setting a resolution of 640x480 and enabling scanlines looks great on a 1080p screen!  In Hypseus Singe, scanlines set the same resolution look awful, and I can't find a good resolution to use.  So, I'm basically trading one problem for another...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 9:48 PM, Dindu Nuffan said:

By the way, I tried setting up Hypseus Singe and the audio issue doesn't happen with it!  The only problem I have with Hypseus Singe is trying to get the -scanline command to work correctly.  In Daphne Singe, setting a resolution of 640x480 and enabling scanlines looks great on a 1080p screen!  In Hypseus Singe, scanlines set the same resolution look awful, and I can't find a good resolution to use.  So, I'm basically trading one problem for another...

Looks like an update to scanlines has been pushed into Hypseus Singe.

I have been watching Hypseus for a while, I grabbed the Windows version after seeing your post, scanlines look somewhat better in 640x480 .....

But try settings crazy resolutions with -scanlines and -fullscreen

-fullscreen -scanlines -x 3200 -y 2400
-fullscreen -scanlines -x 6400 -y 4800

Even with these large resolutions, -fullscreen seems to keep in under control to overall desktop resolution.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Charlie Chump said:

Looks like an update to scanlines has been pushed into Hypseus Singe.

I have been watching Hypseus for a while, I grabbed the Windows version after seeing your post, scanlines look somewhat better in 640x480 .....

But try settings crazy resolutions with -scanlines and -fullscreen

-fullscreen -scanlines -x 3200 -y 2400
-fullscreen -scanlines -x 6400 -y 4800

Even with these large resolutions, -fullscreen seems to keep in under control to overall desktop resolution.

I've tried every crazy 4:3 and 16:9 resolution imaginable...and I could get close to making the scanlines work, but I would always be chopping a blocky text pixel in half or thirds or something.  I just never could get it to actually line up like it should with the actual pixel resolution from the game.  BUT...with an update, maybe they fixed it.  I'll give it another go!  Thanks for the heads up!!

• Like 2

Thank you! I'll have to try it out. I suspect part of my problem is I'm running Windows 10, not just at high resolutions, but scaled to my 65" TV. I think that's what breaks it in fullscreen. I'll try it out though. (It's been the knitting season here. Haven't had LaunchBox running in quite some time.)

Thank you!