LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller automation exit epsxe

arkraider34

Searched the fourm for this but was coming up empty. I'm trying to get epsxe to close using the select + start combination on my xbox 360 conroller through big box. I can hit escape on my keyboard and it works fine, but when I use the control combination it exits but the game music continues to play in the background and it makes my desktop screen stay in a cropped 480p resolution. I've read many posts about a conformation box but that doesn't seem to be my issue. Anyone have a solution for this? 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a bug with ePSXe and when it closes. I once had 5 instances of ePSXe open in Task Manager. So unless there is a different script which does things differently, I don't really think there is much we can do. The best solution I can offer is to use RetroArch for PS1 instead, while that is personal preference (any emulator choice is) it is also more accurate than a lot of emulators.

It sounds like the BIOS are off. scph 5500, 5501, 5502. You can find two of those by searching, and the missing one you can just rename the 1000 series equivalent, then of course it goes in to your System folder and it needs to be named exactly how they want, which is also case sensitive. You set up the proper command line parameter, and you import all your cue sheets or pbp files. At the time I made the tutorial I had everything bin / iso and cue, but now I've got them all converted and compressed as pbp's. It's one of the older tutorials ripe for an update actually, but it still holds true.

PS2 I used MaxCSO by the PCSX2 team, for PSP I use YACC (Yet Another CSO Compressor), and for PS1 I use PSX2PSP. The CSO is essentially the same for PSP and PS2, but most PSP CSO Programs don't like images that are too big, and MaxCSO doesn't have a file size limit, however YACC has an interface and is much nicer, where MaxCSO is command line.

What I did, essentially was used the batch convertor in YACC to convert the entire folder, except for the GTA Games, they can not be compressed (supposedly). I renamed maxcso to maxcso iso, and used the Windows search on my PS2 games folder and searched "iso". I then dragged and dropped how ever many games at a time on to the exe and it compressed them that way. If you have all your PS2 games in a single folder then it's essentially the same thing, but I don't, some are in 1 folder, but most are in single folders. So this saved me a ton of time and put the resulting files in the proper location. I sorted it by size so the program was always on top. For PS1 the software didn't really have a batch mode, so I took 3-4 days and went through my entire PS1 collection, game by game, and compressed them up the long way. There's no real batch method for it. As far as I can tell, there's been 1 game for PS2 that couldn't be CSO'ed on my end, and I had to redownload that game as there is no way to uncso them. I believe you can in YACC, but I honestly don't remember, and this would only really work for PSP games. PSX2PSP I recall there being a method to un-pbp them if need be though. As a bonus too, if you have a hacked PSP you can put your eboots on to the PSP, though it's a bit more complicated then compress and go, there are a few more steps you need to take. I do suggest all your PS1 games being in their own folders as it will rename them to eboot.pbp (for PSP reasons, because that's where this came from), and then using the folder names for the game names. You also don't need to worry about disc games when it comes to PBP as it should automatically switch discs. Also, as long as the game names stay the same, (even if it gets that name from the folder) deleting a systems games, then re-importing and unchecking all of the media boxes will import fast and all of your media will re-attach it's self automatically, again, given the names haven't changed or you haven't removed the media.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Ok will try it now. I actually have xebra working correctly for some games. If I can just get epsxe to exit out with controller automation I should be able to run most anything. since I continue to struggle with retroarch Id much rather just get epsxe going. Thanks gor the tip! Fingers crossed!