LaunchBox Community Forums

Exit Dolphin With Gamecube Controller

Charco

Hi guys, so I just set up a Mayflash Gamecube adapter to use my original pad, all working great so far.

One issue though is that there is no Select button on a GC pad. As I have set up Big Box to exit when I hold Select and press Start, I am unable to get back to Big Box. Are controller automation settings saved per controller and, if so, could I change this perhaps to hold Z and press Start? Then if I launch Big Box with my 360 pad it automatically loads the configuration for that pad, i.e. Select + Start to exit?

Thanks @SentaiBrad, I came up with a solution though. Found two button numbers common to all three of the pads I use, my iBuffalo SNES pads, Gamecube, and 360 pad. Now, if I have either the SNES or 360 pads connected, holding Start + A exits. The corresponding buttons on the GC pad is holding Z + Y. Hopefully I don't encounter any games that would use those button combos!

I'll log a ticket for per controller configs though, that would be really beneficial for users I think. I know some people like to use original pads for systems, as long as the pad is connected before launching Big Box it would be fine, but hotswapping would be even sweeter ?

3 hours ago, Charco said:

It took 30 minutes of swapping controllers, restarting Big Box, thinking "wait, which one is button 7?!" etc. but I got there in then end ?

Sometimes with emulation and computers, that's what it takes, 30 min of just going "wait... that's not right, wait... that's not right."

• Like 1